Skimmer recommendations?

KimP

I'm working with Bio3 to build/design a sump and I don't think the skimmer I was thinking of using is going to be the best fit. It's the Precision Marine 150 Redline. The opening for the stand is 19" tall and the inside goes up to 24". The current skimmer is 21" tall. I don't know much at all about skimmer brands since I mostly run skimmerless. Anyone have a recommendation for a shorter skimmer and a small footprint would be a bonus. The tank is 90 gal.

• Like 1

The SCA and Tunze look like a great size. I noticed the pumps are inside the skimmer. Do you find that the pump needs cleaning or maintenance often? I'd probably have to pull out the sump to get the whole skimmer out.

Does anyone have experience with the Tunze skimmers? Sounds like the collection cup is not removable? How would you keep that clean and emptied?

Thanks for the recommendations btw!

I have several tunze skimmers and a reef octopus.. The cups are removable, the difference is youre removing the skimmer cup and reactor cup at the same time.. You can just open the top dish and access the skimmer with some cotton balls. I drilled mine and ran a line to a small sealed container to catch the skimmate.