Round two..... 34 gallon Solana Build

kmacc05

I am back for round two!

I didn't have my 55 gallon up long enough to start a build thread before I lost it. So, I figured I would try to get this one up sooner than later.

REEF TANK 2.0

So, thanks to Ashley (prettyfishy76) for giving me the great deal on the setup!!!! It was great to find such a good deal to help get me started again.

I was too excited to get it home and setup, that I completely spaced on taking pictures during that process. So, the first pics I got are going to start when It was already up and running. My bad.

Here it is all setup with the stock 150w MH

ChthWds.jpg

That was just too white in my opinion. Especially after coming from the AI Sol Blue on the last tank.

So I upgraded to the Kessil A150w.

Uy4XI8H.jpg

Immediately blown away! Amazing shimmer, color and everything that everyone else says about it.

But soon after the cycle completed and I started stocking, I started regretting the Kessil and wished I had something with more customization. Don't get me wrong, the Kessil looked awesome. But when I had the Sol, I liked the fact that sunrise/sunset had more blue and showed off the corals more. And during the day, it was more white which really made the colors of the fish pop like crazy. Plus the added weather features made it really cool.

To achieve this and keep the Kessil, I would have to rig up the MH as well. And I did not want to ruin the sleek look of the Solana. So, while waiting it out and trying to come up with some sort of plan to not lose money and to get the light spectrum I wanted, I figured I would add some livestock.

Meet,

Hector the goby

saSefYG.jpg

Chuck the Chalk Bass

myc1S7v.jpg

and the teal Palys and Green Fungia Plate thanks Ty!

Rw1bi1o.jpg

But it was just too blue.

Had to change it. I missed the AI Sol too much. The guys at Aquatek were awesome and gave me a full return on the Kessil and gooseneck mount I bought, and I ended up walking out with a new AI Vega Color!

This was right out of the box all levels at 80%

0Q4QQQU.jpg

Now I have the customization back and can set all the timers like before.

And of course I couldn't get home and setup a new light without having something pretty to put under it, right?!

Neon Torch

lfcMREZ.jpg

Acro (can't remember the name)

XuI9JaS.jpg

Augustus the Candy Hog

yb5ra0i.jpg

Red Monti cap thanks Ty! Didn't have any other pics of it

HLtCKar.jpg

Here is lunar FTS

N1Oc9v5.jpg

and the toch and acro with daylight right out of the box. I love how the green looks even with the white light!

tvY4NNu.jpg

Well, that is how it sits right now. As more additions come, I will try and take more pics to keep this thread updated.

That vega sure makes the tank look nice. I really love the rocks you have in there, the aquascaping makes some great caves and the rocks look really porous.

Archived