Desperately need plumbing help..

Brooks

So, I'm attempting to plumb the returns on my 135g with dual overflows. The tank is about 60" long, and the stand is narrow and long (around 20"x73")... I cannot friggen get the returns plumbed. I am using 2 Tunze Silence pumps, and was attempting to use flexible tubing, however, the tubing is so hard that I can get it plumbed without it turning and not bending properly. It keeps bending back into its coiled form.

Any help is appreciated.

It was a standard 55 gallon, I think the dimensions are 48"x13"x21". I still have it in my garage.

What are you having trouble figuring out?

Got'cha. I'm having trouble getting the flexible tubing lines to the to the return. The lines keep getting kinks or flipping and flopping. I tried putting a 29g in to see if that would work any better, but it didn't. Lol.

The issue I have had with the tubing is if it's not cut exactly to length then you risk having kinks.

Agreed. Its causing issues :||

I always turn the hot water on in the sink and run hot water through the line for a couple minutes and then while its still warm, put it in place. Won't twist back up on ya

Points I covered in person yesterday:

1. long large sump

2. single return pump

3. return manifold

4. pipe overflows

5. unions for ease of pump service

6. 3-5x turnover through sump

7. pan liner under sump

8. skimmer remote collection cup

Have a good vacation

Points I covered in person yesterday:

1. long large sump

2. single return pump

3. return manifold

4. pipe overflows

5. unions for ease of pump service

6. 3-5x turnover through sump

7. pan liner under sump

8. skimmer remote collection cup

Have a good vacation

I guess my post didn't go thru on my phone. Hmmm....

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much for coming over. THe plumbing seems so much easier now. I am already close to being finished!

Archived