Chinese LED units - group buy

fightinghippo

Has anyone in this forum organized any group buys for chines led reef lights. I have seen this thread on reefcentral where they just did one and the rates seem pretty good. I am looking into buying D120s and wondering if anyone is interested in participating or volunteering to organize one

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266334

these were the prices quoted for the group buy in the thread above

IT2040 $245
IT2060 $266
IT2080 $371

D120 $135

NOVA R4 $161
NOVA A4 $161
NOVA A6 $167

If you get theese I'd suggest getting atleast 1 back up, I've seen reports of them failing and then you have to mail them back for repair. 4-6 weeks with no light isnt that great, but buying a back up you can alteast swap. But with that much $$$ invested you might just get a light from u.s dealers who can work with you better incase of an issue.

If you get theese I'd suggest getting atleast 1 back up, I've seen reports of them failing and then you have to mail them back for repair. 4-6 weeks with no light isnt that great, but buying a back up you can alteast swap. But with that much $$$ invested you might just get a light from u.s dealers who can work with you better incase of an issue.

THIS

I've also been reading numerous reports about fires started by generic Chinese units, so be very careful what you buy and whom you buy from. As always, do your homework and make sure that the money you're saving justifies what you get.

+1

I've also been reading numerous reports about fires started by generic Chinese units, so be very careful what you buy and whom you buy from. As always, do your homework and make sure that the money you're saving justifies what you get.