Baby orange plates

FarmerTy

How long does it take your dead skeletons to start producing babies? I've been waiting on one for at least 4-5 mos now. Just wondering how long I should be patient before giving it up as a lost cause.

I have had 3 skeletons reproduce daughter colonies. Everytime, they all started producing them within 3-4 months. I just tossed them in my lighted sump/frag tank and check on it in a few months and presto... I am a fungia daddy.

That is really cool! The Fungia plate I had start producing polyp buds has like 3 dozen start in just 3 - 4 weeks after the parent polyp died but I'm guessing they are growing about half the rate your's are. The PAR on mine is about 30 do you know what you have on yours? I've also gotten several siamese twin polyps has that happened with yours?

Unfortunately I don't have par readings on my tank Tim but they start out in a low flow, shady area in my sump until I see polyp formation (150 watt MH). Then I transfer them to the main tank under medium flow about 22" under 250-watt MH light/T5 light combo. Takes about 6 months to get a good sized baby plate about the size of a nickel (extended).

I do see plenty of twin plates that seem to grow at the same point of attachment but once they get to a certain size, I separate them so they can form normally.

gig'em, all my green plates have been tank raised in my system as well. I have had a producing parent plate for 3 years now that has produced over 40 plates consistently over that time span. I feel like a fungia farmer!

Archived