Future Ruler of Niko's 185.

Niko's Reef

There was a LFS in Waco 12 - 15 years ago that had a breeding pair in a 1000 gallon tank that was 8' long x 4' high by 4' wide. That was probably on the small side but Bamboo's are not real active and prefer not to spend much time swimming like some other sharks which need a HUGE amount of space.

Yeah, you are correct. I did a lot of research on them, and most stated a 180 was minimum. 3ft is pretty much the max. 2.5 ft is more common. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and every single 1 was less then 185. The biggest I saw was 150, and they had a stingray in there. When I went to RCA Jake reconfirmed my info. I'm more worried about the sting ray I plan on adding. They need a lot more swimming area I plan on having the majority of my rock in the sump, to give them plenty of space.

Can't these guys get about 3' long? Or am I highly misinformed again?

Yeah, they aren't very active at all. They are mainly active at night and feeding. I could have misunderstood Jake, but I believe he said someone has 4 of them in a 210.

There was a LFS in Waco 12 - 15 years ago that had a breeding pair in a 1000 gallon tank that was 8' long x 4' high by 4' wide. That was probably on the small side but Bamboo's are not real active and prefer not to spend much time swimming like some other sharks which need a HUGE amount of space.

That would have been cool 2 see.

I've always seen the eggs clipped to the side of a tank with a little ph near by. Does the egg need flow?

Not sure. They had it clipped to the front of the tank when I got it. Said there isn't nothing that I needed to do, other then wait for it to hatch. When I asked about conditions, they told me it didn't matter. Even though it's at the bottom of my tank, I've got a ton of flow. Not sure that's needed?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's pretty amazing to watch it grow. I didn't even know they hatched in eggs, until Jestep told me. Glad I went this route. Much cooler, and cheaper. Paid 39.99$ thanks to an error at RCA that Jake honored.