AAF eBay sales ending 3/17/13

Mitch

The idea for this thread is for ARC members to list the items they are interested in so we try not to compete with our fellow members. If there is an item that someone else has already expressed interested in, then PM them and see if you can work out an arrangement, eg split the item.

I suggest using services like Auction Sniper to submit your last minute bid vs inflating the prices by continually counter bidding. If you don't have an account, setup one up by following this link:
http://www.auctionsniper.com/?who=D%2bn%2fq1Js4M0SwPp1Frli%2bQ%3d%3d

You get a few free snipes to try it out, and hopefully I get a few by referring you grin.png

More thoughts etc to follow...

---

Current AAF eBay items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/austinaquafarms/m.html

sad.png shoulda kept quiet about my sniping ill adjust my method now you did exactly like I said I was including a referral link. Good luck on auctions

Sniping is not a secret - my wife has been using them for ages. In my case, I'm not active on eBay and had used up my free snipes, so that's why I hadn't used it until our conversation and realized it was much more inexpensive then what I had in my head. Just like dropbox, why not get referrals if you can - please don't hate on me for that bye.gif And for the record, I have yet to receive notification that anyone has used the link.

Anyways, why not share best methods for getting a deal. That's what Group Buys are about. I'm sorry that someone screwed with the items you were bidding on - I do believe karma will get the better of people like that.

If everyone sticks to the intent of this thread, then we'll all get great looking corals and save in the process, and hopefully when it's time to propagate, there'll be more pretty corals for all of us in this community to enjoy.

Respectfully,

Mitch

I don't use sniping but I use a very similar approach and makes the game much more fun to play. I peruse the items and then the ones I want I "watch" then on end of auction day I pull up my items and at the last 10 seconds place my bid with a max bid of what I want to pay. With the confirm button it usually leaves me 3 seconds then end of auction. Very tricky game but I almost always get what I want for much cheaper than I was willing to pay.

I don't use sniping but I use a very similar approach and makes the game much more fun to play. I peruse the items and then the ones I want I "watch" then on end of auction day I pull up my items and at the last 10 seconds place my bid with a max bid of what I want to pay. With the confirm button it usually leaves me 3 seconds then end of auction. Very tricky game but I almost always get what I want for much cheaper than I was willing to pay.

I do the exact same thing!!

I work by AAF and went by there yesterday to pick up two items I won in the auction. I was told to come back on Thursday to pick up my items but I'm sure they would have had my items if they were there when I showed up. It is def best to call ahead to ensure that someone is there or that they have your order ready to go. All they need is the screen name you use on ebay.

I will not be able to bid on mine since I just picked up George Strait tickets for this Sunday.

Try AuctionSniper... just set up what you are interested in and it'll do all the last minute bidding

he use to reply quick on ebay. but i havent gotten a reply from him in months. saturdays 1-4 and if youre close by its worth checking if hes there wednesday. thats when he packs and ships the coral.

Archived