37g Cuboid

Lisap

This is my new tank, a 37 gallon Oceanic. It's like half of a 75 gallon. It came with a homemade LED fixture. I've had it set up a couple of weeks and moved my livestock from my old 20g. I've still got some aquascaping and other things to do. So far I have only one fish, but can't decide what else to add. The sump is simple; it has a skimmer, heater, reverse-lighted refugium with live rock, and a bag of chemi-pure elite.

post-2449-0-31190200-1362876610_thumb.jp post-2449-0-36031000-1362876676_thumb.jp

I'm a little disappointed I can't put both heaters in the sump- the tank temperature will drop at night. I guess there's not enough flow? Other than that having a sump is great.

post-2449-0-41061400-1362934530_thumb.jp

This is my Caribbean gorgonian that came on live rock. I believe it's a Plexaurella. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's doing well, just likes to lean on a rock.

Sure thing.

post-2449-0-43258700-1363293682_thumb.jppost-2449-0-88689800-1363293727_thumb.jp

Right now the sump is a big scary mess of salt water and wires. I put the power strips in the cabinet for ease of access, but I'm thinking I'll have to move them because there's a lot of splashing and bubbles breaking in there.

The water comes in at the left back corner behind the protein skimmer (there's also a heater back there), goes through the refugium in the front, through a bag of chemical media and into the last chamber in the right rear corner with the return pump.

I'm thinking I will add a filter sock to the intake, mostly to cut down on bubbles. Once I move the power strips, I think I'll have room for a gravity fed top off system.

I would just buy some 2 inch thick foam material, and cut a piece that can sit in the area with the skimmer at rim level. You dont want it in the water though, you want it to basically wrap around the skimmer and plumbing, kinda like shipping foam is molded around things you buy, same principal. But be sure to leave part of your sump open for evaporative cooling

Archived