AAF eBay sales ending 3/10/13

Mitch

Ok, this has been discussed among some of us informally... the idea is instead of us competing with each other, let's try to see who else is bidding on what so we don't inflate the prices to our detriment...

For each person bidding, post the items you are bidding on, and update/edit that accordingly.

For now, I am simply including the link to the item. Please make suggestions on the best way to present, keep track, handle squabbles, etc.

Btw, here's the link to the current AAF eBay sales:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/austinaquafarms/m.html

Awesome! Glad this got started. I'll post what I was watching a bit later but just a few zoa and a goniopora. Thinking about going Saturday during business hours and get a yellow sparkle gon. Anyone gone up there and bought straight from them, how are the prices?

At first I thought - well that's probably not the best way to treat a sponsor. Then I checked and saw they aren't a sponsor. (I always assumed they were). Ok, I'm in. Unless, of course its Bio then game on! devil.gifdevil.gif

At first I thought - well that's probably not the best way to treat a sponsor. Then I checked and saw they aren't a sponsor. (I always assumed they were). Ok, I'm in. Unless, of course its Bio then game on! devil.gifdevil.gif

Really I feel like it probably drives more demand (face time) than they could potentially lose in % increase in price.

Awesome! Glad this got started. I'll post what I was watching a bit later but just a few zoa and a goniopora. Thinking about going Saturday during business hours and get a yellow sparkle gon. Anyone gone up there and bought straight from them, how are the prices?

I've got some good deals from Matt being there in person. He's a friendly barterer. Especially for bigger colonies or buying in quantity. For an individual frag or two, I've had better luck bidding on Ebay.

Really I feel like it probably drives more demand (face time) than they could potentially lose in % increase in price.

Could be. I doesn't matter anyway. I usually lose to one of those guys who lives up in the northeast US with a 5000 frag farm in his basement and somehow has unlimited funds to buy more coral. tongue.png

Could be. I doesn't matter anyway. I usually lose to one of those guys who lives up in the northeast US with a 5000 frag farm in his basement and somehow has unlimited funds to buy more coral. tongue.png

I got news for you buddy, that is 50% you in the very near future.

**** you Mitch!! Lol. Man you should have never sent me that link. I got all bid happy and there's like ten I bid on. Now I gotta copy links to post so ill knock that out in the morning. Again I shake my fist vigorously in your direction!!

added three more auctions smile.png

favor... can you combine with your first post? i think it'll be easier to track who's bidding for what.

I sure can't regular members loose editing ability after 1 hour or something like that (I tried to do that first). I think you as a moderator might be able to merge my threads though if you'd like smile.png

I sure can't regular members loose editing ability after 1 hour or something like that (I tried to do that first). I think you as a moderator might be able to merge my threads though if you'd like smile.png

Argh! Ok, i'm gonna take liberties for now. Let's see how this round goes, and hopefully we figure out a better system.

I think this is a good idea, but I'm not sure human greed will prevail when someone wants the same thing you want. But I've made a list and hopefully they won't exceed my price range as they usually do:

I'm sure we'll get conflicts, but hoping instead that the interested ARC members figure out a mutually agreed upon resolution, eg one continues to bid, wins, then it gets fragged and split between parties. Alternatively, they could just arm wrestle for the right dribble.gif

Seriously, open to suggestions on how best to handle various situations we'll run into.

For example, I initially bid on various items including more acans, but do I really need ANOTHER acan?!? Probably not.

Maybe if two parties want one item they either split like Mitch suggested, or make an agreement that next time the two bid the second guy gets to win, flip a coin for whoever is first.

Archived