Xenia lost at sea

Mlaw

So I just got home with my new pom pom xenia purchased at the LFS. In the process of bagging it one of the heads popped off the live rock rubble. I figured that was okay, there are two others on the rubble and I can deal with one loose one.

When I got home and finished acclimating the frag I went to add it to the tank and another head fell off. Of course the current caught it and swept it behind the rock. As I was trying to grab the floating head I dropped the other head that fell off at the store and it disappeared into the rock also.

I'm a bit irritated at the moment.

My question is should I take apart all of my landscaping to find the missing pieces or will it survive where ever it ended up and eventually grow out?

I did a bit of rearranging already looking without moving everything, although I did start a small rock slide. I think I'll have to take everything out to find them.

He's right lol. Unlike most people on here I actually like Xenia. But it is indestructible it seems. I trim mine just for the heck of it. I struggle to grow zoas, gsp, and even aiptasia lol, but my Xenia has gotten to be 10x it's original size in a few months. You'll find it soon enough.

as predicted the xenia turned up. I noticed it one morning trying to attach to a rock I didn't care for so I snagged it. Didn't have time to glue it to the magnet as planned so I pinned it against the back wall of the tank with another rock in the approximate place I wanted it and went about my business.

Didn't have time to get to it for a few days. Tried to move it and sure enough it has attached itself to the wall right were I wanted it.

I didn't realize xenia was so available on the forum or I wouldn't have bought it. It is a pom pom xenia and exactly what I was looking for so I don't mind paying for it but won't do that again.