Ye Olde Lighting Question - Kessil A350W or A150?

esacjack

46 Gallon Bowfront tank. 36Lx18Wx20H. I plan on keeping a mix of LPS/SPS/Clams. But also want to be able to have some zoos along the bottom. Minimal fish.

I've been eyeballing the A150W's. They seem rather powerful, but I'm worried two won't be enough to keep SPS and Clams. Also, the skyblue appears more yellow to the eye, and has almost no blue. The ocean blue is nice and all, but too dark. So I started looking to do 4 A150's ( I cant do 3, I have a center brace.) I was thinking about going 4 lights, 2 ocean blue, 2 10k, and putting them on separate timers for sunrise/sunset..

But now I'm thinking I should just get the TunaBlue a350W or the a350? Will this be too much light? If I take the 350 route, should I get the wide angle?

I know they're dimmable via the pots on the unit. I also understand they are not dimmable via Apex.. I'd like to maintain a very small footprint and keep the top as open as possible.

I have recently upgraded from the a150 ocean blue to the 350w and have been 100% impressed. If your going to be doing sps and clam I would say do the 350w, my a150 ocean blue did not support much and I think you wouldn't get much growth. For your tank you could do two of the 350 for alot of light or just a single 350w if your not plannin on fillin it with sps. I have a 27g cube with a single 350w turned all the way up and its perfect

Archived