SourDatx's 10g clown tank

SourDatx

Howdy all, new to the club and the hobby. I currently have a standard 10g with a Tetra Whisper 30 HOB filter and a sponge filter power head. I've got 15lbs of live rock and a few corals, pulsing Xenia, Hammer Euphylia, Torch Euphylia, and a mat of Neon Green Star Polyps. Livestock for now is, 2 Osc. Clowns( Hoping they pair), a Coral Banded Shrimp, a Condi Anemone, a large Mexican Turbo Snail, 4 Margarita Snails, a basic Hermit Crab, and a small crab of some sort. I currently run a Ecoxotic Par38 LED hanging pendant, 3 white, 2 blue. I'm currently waiting on a DSA Rimless 34g Neo Nano which I'll do another thread on when putting it together. I'd post pictures but can't figure out how on my phone. I would like to hear opinions of the best placement for my Xenia though if anyone has any. I appreciate your time in reading this and hope to hear from y'all.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I love saltwater, was cichlids only for awhile but glad I made the switch. Would like to get a nice sized pulsing Xenia, have a small one but I'd love to get my hands on a large colony about golf ball/baseball size.

Don't worry... that small piece will become a colony in no time! Trust the community on that one! If you plan to not let it take over the tank, try to keep it isolated on certain rocks only... though sometimes they will break off pieces and float them in the tank to more fruitful locations.

I think we all started with a sincere fascination of the pulsing motion and some don't care for its invasiveness while others enjoy it throughout their tank.

Yeah I'm digging it. Not pulsing like in my tank like it was before I got it but have heard/read they don't ship well so probably just still in shock. Been told GSP is the same way which is why I got it. I don't have many corals and would love for those 2 to arrach to the glass. Kinda wish I had a small mat of both and some glue for the back glass. Any opinions on placement for best growth and pulse for my Xenia?