supremeEVO's Pride Rock

supremeEVOx

I just started this tank a week or so ago. It's my second tank, and I'm really excited for it. It's going to be primarily zoas, palys, and acans. I already have some frags from my old tank, and am working on getting some more. I've named it pride rock due to the fact that it reminds me of the rock from the lion king lol

Tank that I got inspiration from: Jgpicodope's jbj pico, kickass tank!

Equipment

• 3 Gallon JBJ Picotope
  • 20K Par 38 Bulb from LEDTRiC
  • Aquaclear 20 running Chemipure Elite

​Soon to be Equipment

• Aquaclear 70 with fuge mod and surface skimmer. (In the mail right now, 29.99, what a steal!)
  • 25w Hydor Theo Heater
  • Moonpop moonlight attachment, also from LEDTRiC
  • Hydor Pico Evo Mag Powerhead with a loc line mod.

​Livestock

• Various Zoas and Palys
  • Yasha Haze Goby (Being ordered soon)
  • Cleaner Shrimp

V5OcY.jpg

FTS From when I first started.

4RnfS.jpg

From the side.

n4CPt.jpg

Blue Kiss Zoa

A5ZhK.jpg

Everlasting Gobstopper Paly

GqfC2.jpg

El Diablo Paly

S2VnP.jpg

Rasta Zoas and Radioactive Dragon Eyes

There are some others in the tank, (pinks, frostbites, some orange and green ones), but these are the main ones for now.

I have some awesome frags that I'll be getting in the near future and will be sure to update this thread.

Suggestions or advice anyone?

A few questions: Are there any major advantages to getting a reefkeeper for this system?

What's a good heater that I could fit in the ac70?

What are some must have zoas/palys that I should get?

Does my stocking list look ok?

Thanks for checking out my thread!

Looks really good, you're in good shape in my opinion.

1) Most of the members I've seen have had issues with the RK and end up going Apex. There is a good support base locally for the apex as well. I'm a strong proponent of using a controller on your reef.

2) http://www.bigalspets.com/fish/temperature-control/mini-heater-15-w.html

3) I like tubbs blue zoas :)
4)Stocking looks fine.

Glad to see where this goes in the future!

So i was just at the lfs and they have a tiny <1" target mandarin and im incredibly tempted to get him. He is taking frozen mysis and has been there for a couple of weeks. He looks healthy to me. Would he do well in my tank for the foreseeable future? Should be easily fed in my tank.

So i was just at the lfs and they have a tiny <1" target mandarin and im incredibly tempted to get him. He is taking frozen mysis and has been there for a couple of weeks. He looks healthy to me. Would he do well in my tank for the foreseeable future? Should be easily fed in my tank.

I am looking for one of these. Must eat prepared foods because my clowns have decimated my pod population.

I see dead people. Then I bring them back to life.

I'm of the opinion that keeping animals transitionally (I want this specimen and I will eventually give it away when it grows) is not the greatest husbandry practice. You made the right decision moving along, you'll find something that makes you happy.

Mandarin can be tricky. They say you need 200pds of rock and thousands of pods to keep 1. The 1st time around, mine didn't make it. This time around I'm having better luck. Been having it for a few months. Beautiful fish. Mine hides a ton though. Almost like seeing a Yeti, when you see it.

Updated FTS
kmsuX.jpg
I added a custom surface skimmer mod to the ac70 with pvc pipes. It now intakes from the surface and the water column.
ZgX43.jpg
I added the stock led light from my evolve 8. I'm using it as a moonlight for now, until I can find a better alternative.
Haven't added any corals since the last update, but once I move back to San Marcos, I'll get right on that!