Smelly Tank

ggooden

I just did a 20 percent water change and took and started a sump my whole house now smell like the sea water if that makes sense its not rotten eggs it smell like what the water smell like in the bay kinda what could this be...I have great flow in the tank could it be one of my canister filters my live rock is cured I have had it for 2 years now

Running carbon will remove any smell. Any chance that your new water cycled on you before you got a chance to use it or was it just mixed? Maybe check out those canister filters. I would mix up more fresh saltwater just to have in case it's needed. Have you checked your parameters yet...including ammonia and nitrites?

Cheers,

+1 KimP

did you check the TDS of the water you put in? Where did you perform the water change? Did you take water out of the display? or out of the sump? Are you running a skimmer? Lastly, do you have any mushroom corals or palythoa in your tank?