Looking to buy LR rubble

AndrewT

Looking to buy some lr rubble to seed my tank w/.... I purchased about 25 lbs of dead rock. Tank is finished cycling would like to get my hands on a few pieces of rubble to kickstart my tank and get the dead stuff to color up!

Yeah it had just finished cycling... We added our first fish last night. Have been using stability to keep everything running smoothly.Just trying to figure the best way to get the rocks to color up. Ive never started a tank from scratch with dead sand and rock so not sure how long it takes to get everything going this route.

Get some coraline spores from another member then add a few snails with coraline on their shells. They will spread the spores around for you. Dont be surprised if it takes quite a while for it to color up though. My 40g took months to get any coraline. My 72g never got any.....the 16g I have now its growing like weeds....just not on the glass yet.

I was gonna buy a handfull of snails last night wasnt sure if the tank is established enough to throw snails in.... Well if anyone has some rubble, a chunk of lr, snails, or coraline shoot me a tex 584-1978

The best thing you can do for your saltwater tank is slow down and be patient. Nothing good happens when you go too fast. The environment will mature and become stable with age... add some rock and snails with coraline and then let things settle for a while... I would wait to add any mor fish and other waste producers...

Im definetly aware of the dangers of adding too fast, I learned that the hard way several years ago w/ my first tank, but Ive had great results using stability in the past w/ new tanks. I swear by it when setting up a new tank or adding fish.Im certain that my tank has definetly cycled though. Im not looking to add anything for another week or so. Ill def swing by the store and pick up a few snails this weekend. As of today Fuzzy Dwarf is eating frozen food and swimming happily. Pair of clowns will be next or maybe another leopard wrase.

Mark C turned me on to it originally. We started our 90g at the same time and both had fish in after a couple of days. Its pretty awesome. Im definetly amped up about the new tank though. Its been almost 4 years since I had one so Im thrilled to be back in the game.