BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor – Dual

SChrisEV

Is anyone using (or has used) this product from BRS:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-gfo-carbon-reactor-dual.html

I like that they are together, seems easier to mount etc, but it does not appear that you can control the pressure into the second canister at all. Should I sorry about that? And over all what has been your experience with this device?

Thanks in advance!

I use one. Awesome, especially compared to the phosban reactor I was using. Run the GFO in the first chamber so it rolls slightly. Use carbon with a sponge to prevent tumbling in the second chamber and you shouldn't have any problems.

I don't think I would try to to a biopellet + GFO or Carbon setup as the pellets would need much more flow that the GFO or carbon by themselves.

Should work well then. Also make sure you have room to easily remove the canisters where you mount it. I had mine too far in the corner of my stand and it was difficult to remove the canisters once they were unscrewed from the mounting fixture.

if you were really persnickety, you could test until your PO4 goes to zero. I like to soak mine in a covered container with RODI for three days prior to use, changing water each day. They can kick off some phosphate which can be problematic in smaller tanks. it's not about removing the carbon dust.

BRS carbon is the highest quality in the hobby right now.

• Like 1

if you were really persnickety, you could test until your PO4 goes to zero. I like to soak mine in a covered container with RODI for three days prior to use, changing water each day. They can kick off some phosphate which can be problematic in smaller tanks. it's not about removing the carbon dust.

BRS carbon is the highest quality in the hobby right now.

OH... good to know! That is more "soaking" than I would have done. Thanks!

Yup thats the reason right there! I knew it was something and Ian had me doing this... glad to find out he hasnt been doing it as a big joke to make me look silly.