cracked lower frame on tank

esacjack

I just noticed my second hand tank has cracks in the plastic framing. Is this something I should be alarmed about? Do I need to replace the plastics before I put water in the tank? I've done a leak test, and didn't SEE any leaks. I could really use some input, as I am quickly approaching my WET date :)

Depends where the cracks are. My understanding is cracks on the paneling at the bottom of the tank (framing) is not an issue because the panels are not structural. If you have cracks at the plastic framing at the top of the tank, that may need to be repaired as they usually are designed to keep the tank from bowing. Again, depends on how your tank was manufactured.

The crossbracing on top is structural and would need repairing. Plastic trim on tanks without the middle cross bracing is used by the manufacturer as a jig when glueing the glass together and to protect the edges of the glass from chipping.