Thought I would say hi.......

99taws6

Hello everyone,

My name is George and I have been on the site for a few days now, so I figured I would take the time to introduce myself and my tank.

Well I am 32yrs old and a single parent of 2 girls.. Elizabeth 11 and Skyler 7. I am in the Army and have been for almost 15yrs. Long story how I got the kids, but it was fight well worth the expense. I am a mechanic on wheeled vehicles in the Army. I am currently stationed at Ft Hood and will be there for a few yrs atleast. I have a few hobbies, but dragracing my motorcycle and reef keeping seem to be the most time consuming.

I currently have a 85 gallon freshwater tank that belongs to my girls and is full of breeding mollies, guppies and has a few algea eaters and a large pleco. They feed it, all I do is add water. :D

I currently have a 180gallon Oceanic "Brick" tank. The tank is Reef Ready with dual off the corner overflow boxes. The tank glass is 3/4" thick and requires no center brace at top. All 4 holes in the boxes are working as drains going to my custom 50gallon sump w/refugium. The sump feeds a Barracuda (wow this pump has a lot of power) which drives my Aqua C Skimmer as well as returns the water to the tank via 4 1" PVC over the back returns. I am currently building the canopy (You can tell I'm not a woodworker) which right now houses 2 250W MH's and a 50/50 T5 light set that sits in the middle.

The tank has 150lbs of fine sugar live sand and about 150lbs of live rock. I have various soft corals and some hard corals (zoos, mushrooms, clams, brain, candycane, hammer, frogspawn) and I have a few fish (Tomini Tang, Dsjarden Sailfin Tang, Powder Blue Tang, 2 Royal Gramma, Fairy Wrasse, Pygmy Dwarf Angel, Yellow Gobie, Lawnmower Blennie, True Perc Clown, 2 chromie damsels and 2 dalmation mollies (yes mollies.. They were my first saltwater fish and I have moved them from tank to tank.) and I have 2 anemones a medium sized 8" green carpet and a LTA anemone. The tank has many inverts as well.. I have 3 peppermint shrimp, 2 cleaners, a pistol shrimp, an emerald crab, a fighting conch, a few turbo snails and many atraea snails and blue leg hermits...

I will post pictures when I get a chance so tha the progress can be seen as my woodworking skills come to play.. lol...

Don't forget to post some pics. I'm hoping to get some good ones of mine since everything has kind of settled down. I love this larger tank! I've only had to top off once in the last week, and the temp and salinity have both stayed steady. Thanks for the great deal and all the help!

• 4 weeks later...