Custom Auto Work

pbnj

I'm thinking about giving my 2002 Lexus ES300 to my son sometime in the near future (he's still a relatively new driver).

Looking to make these upgrades:

• New partial or complete paint job
  • Custom wheels
  • Custom stereo/wiring (still has a cassette player), including modifying the dashboard/panel

Can anyone recommend a place in Austin that can do all of the above? If not, individual recommendations are also appreciated.

Thanks.

YES it depends on your budget, but the bigger picture is the longevity of the vehicle. A 2002 ES is a great car and dependable as long as it has been that way for you, there are always bad apples. If yours has been good then awesome. On ans ES there is only a few items that would have to be replaced for paint, there is a rubber strip between the 2 doors that has to be, there are 8 rivets along the top of each door that will have to be replaced, and some emblems on the decklid and one on the hood. Also the moldings on the sides have to be retaped. (we prefur to replace cause they are hard to get tape to stick back to and they arent that expensive) Besides that as long as your going to keep it the same color and there isnt any bodywork to be done,there will only be material and labor cost. The shop i work at is high but in our industry you get what you pay for like the aquarium trade. Feel free to call for an estimate, it doesnt hurt. I can tell you W/O hesitation that it WILL look brand new when you get it back. ---BERLIS BODY and FINE AUTO FINISHES---

Thanks for the reply. Yes, same color (silver). You'll definitely be my go-to-guy when the time comes (I barely trust my son with my wife's minivan right now, haha).

I bought the car new in 2002 and had it serviced by the dealer every 5K miles. It only has 89K miles and the only mechanical work it's ever had done is when I recently had the alternator and battery replaced.....should be good for another 60K miles at least. He's been looking at used cars, but this car has been great to me and will serve him well.

BTW, do you know a good place for custom wheels/rims?

summitt racing, jegs, discount tire, stereo stuff is farely easy to install and will save alot of money. They make the kits for cars now days that are plug and play. Custom Sounds is a good option if you dont wanna tackle it, but it would be a good project for a father and son project to tackle. JMO