Carlson Surge Tank

Jakedoza

Carlson Surge Tank in the making right now....

Will be testing a 5 gallon surge tank with 1" outlet piping.. I will be utilizing the circulation pump (Mag 12) to fill the bucket. Here is the trick.. Bucket will be in the garage behind the tank and wife will not let me put another hole in the wall... so I have to utilize the hole already in the wall, but it is 2" from the floor.. Pipe will have to run all the way to the floor and back up to the tank, but I don't think that will be an issue since the bottom of the bucket will be 2' above the top of the tank. Photos to come later.. smile.png

I would worry that 1" pipe won't be big enough to "flush". It will go to slow. I think Carlson recommends at least a 2" pipe. The mag 12 might out run the 1" pipe. I look forward to pics.

ok.. this was a complete failure..

The device works great, but only if the line coming out of the bucket go down and not down, back up, and then down again.. The air in the lines keep the system from getting suction and the bucket overflows.. Good thing it overflowed in the garage... Back to the drawing board.

Ouch. Yea thankfully it was a garage spill. I would recommend taking your wife out to a nice dinner and movie then putting a hole in the wall.

Your other option is do it prison break style with a spoon over several months but that hole has to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

So did you give up? I want you to have this. I could have my wife take your wife for mani pedi. While their gone, we go in and build this thing. Hide the hole with a vase of roses. Boom, Jedi mind trick.

lol.. I haven't given up, but it will not work where the hole is.. I have decided to go a different route and use a toilet stopper and float. Instead of using suction it just drains. Problem now is that the suction is so much so that the float will not pull the stopper.. I'm working on a solution.

Just thought of this. Is the display/overflow going to be able to handle a sudden rush of 5g? Would hate to read your next post of "I flooded the living room..."

dont talk about this potential... we wanted to read a new thread about how jake's wife chased him around the house for hours after a flood. then he had to go buy her diamonds :P

Just thought of this. Is the display/overflow going to be able to handle a sudden rush of 5g? Would hate to read your next post of "I flooded the living room..."

Yes.. I will be taking one of the pump leads out of the tank and filling the bucket with it. This I did test because of that very reason.. Thanks for the thought though.

Archived