MACNA Jewels

Sherita

Just a few of the pretties I brought home from MACNA. My zoa collection is getting closer to being complete. I now have over 125 different zoas. Of course, there will always be a new one that I *must* have.

Magic Morphs PE

MagicMorphs.jpg

VDM

metallicorange.jpg

An unknown with a metallic purple body and a green oral disk. These guys get BIG.

zoas1.jpg

This unknown glows a bright metallic silver under actinics

metallicsilver.jpg

Yellowjackets

YellowJackets.jpg

Blue Agave PE

BlueAgavePE.jpg

Chucky's Bride, an oldie but goodie

ChuckysBride.jpg

An unknown on the left, White PE on the right

Unknown_WhitePE.jpg

These are not named, but they are unbelievably bright even under normal lighting, they just slap you in the face under actinics

brightorange.jpg

LOL@victoly grin.png

I've actually got a few that are sexier than that, but for some reason their pics didn't turn out.

I also picked up the most amazing Cotton Candy micromussa, and a true aussie fluorescent green duncan. Oh yeah, also some bright metallic red giant blastos, and, and, and.....

It never ends.

See what I mean about slapping you in the face. Crummy pic, and you STILL need shades

brightorangeactinics.jpg

And these blastos, just WOW. When fully inflated and happy, they are nearly the size of a silver dollar. I've never seen anything like them.

giantredblastos.jpg

Awesome corals! I'm curious to see how the fragged elegance corals that Clarkii and Dapettit won at the ReefGeek booth are doing. I'd always been told not to try to frag elegance, but both frags looked like they had seen a bandsaw recently.

Bandsaw + Elegance coral=<shiver>

Never would I try that, never, never, never.

I've heard of a method to frag them, but whacking them in half was not part of it. I would be interested in how they do as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome corals! I'm curious to see how the fragged elegance corals that Clarkii and Dapettit won at the ReefGeek booth are doing. I'd always been told not to try to frag elegance, but both frags looked like they had seen a bandsaw recently.

Mike,

My elegance (I had no idea thats what it was) is doing great! No signs of tissue decay or anything (which is surprising, because I LOVE to feed my fish, and also LOVE to avoid doing water changes). Its in my 10gal under the coralife actinic and 10k. I'll take a picture tomorrow when he's more open!

Archived