Real Reef Rock

mFrame

I'm about to place an order for Real Reef Rock and wanted to throw out the option to add-on to my order. I was able to cut a deal that makes it about $7.50/lb delivered. I'm getting 50-75 lbs for myself, and they ship it in 50lb packages.

Rather than buy this by mail and have to go through me, Gary and the crew at the Austin Aqua-Dome have created the following offer for Aqua-Dome Club members:

Real Reef Rock for $7.50/lb up to 50 lbs, $7.00/lb for 50lbs and over. This rock normally sells for $8.99/lb, so that's almost a 20% savings on small orders and closer to 25% on large orders. They currently have about 250lbs of it curing in their live rock tank at the store. The beauty of this offer is that the rock is available here locally and allows you to choose the particular pieces you want rather than get a random assortment by mail. Additionally, Real Reef Rock comes in regular and "shelf" rock - flatter pieces of the rock that sells at a higher cost - and AquaDome is making it available for the same price.

This is the "dry" rock that is already purple colored, but is actually wet and being cured at the Dome: http://realreefrock.com/

Real-Reef-product.jpgReal-Reef-Shelf-1.jpg

Please remember that if you aren't currently an Aqua-Dome club member you can save half of the annual fee when you show them your valid Austin Reef Club Premium member card. This price is good through the end of the month, so pick up or place your order quick!

Thanks Aqua-Dome!

id be down for some. Is there a dead line?

Price is good through 10/31, but I'd talk to Gary if you have something coming up and need to delay longer than that, I'm sure he'll work with you.

any thats not been put into their systems? I'd prefer it dry to avoid any pests.

I also imagine that if they sell out of this that people wanting dry rock can also work it out with Gary to hold it out of his next shipment. There is always the option of just buying the wet rock and letting it dry out for a week if you want to start with it fresh, but I didn't see anything on the rock in the store.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to Gary and he asked that I provide the following details:

• For those interested in wet Real Reef Rock he still has plenty in stock.
  • For those interested in dry Real Reef Rock, he'll be receiving a shipment on Thursday 10/25.

If you want dry rock and haven't talked to him yet you need to place your order (Name, # of lbs) by calling the Dome and reserving it by end of day on Wednesday 10/24 so that he knows how much to have delivered.