Aquacontroller Jr probes

Scutterborn

Generally with probes you're better off buying new. Used probes, if allowed to sit dry, are pretty much worthless. If you find used ones make sure the seller is knowledgeable and has maintained them properly.

for a pH probe, just buy a new one or one that has been unused. temp probes don't really ever "go bad" like pH/ORP/SpC/DO do, so if you could find used it should be fine. For simplicity, I'd just contact one of our sponsors and see what kind of deal they can cut you.

If a ph probe hasn't been used and stored dry, is it still good?

- Ben -

Not stored "dry", a PH probe should have a cap on the end with liquid in it to keep it wet. If it doesn't have the cap you should avoid it.

If a ph probe hasn't been used and stored dry, is it still good?

- Ben -

Not stored "dry", a PH probe should have a cap on the end with liquid in it to keep it wet. If it doesn't have the cap you should avoid it.

This guy speaks the truth. I tried to find one used when I was putting together my apex, and came to the realization that I spent 500 bucks on a controller, god knows how much on my livestock and I'm going to skimp on a used temp probe/ph probe?