Help setting up an Apex Jr.

SoggyDollar

I'm getting a head ache reading my own thread and all the acronyms. I didn't know one had to be a software engineering to run a tank controller... turned.gif

I do understand what is being said as far as setting the Apex back to DHCP. I believe it has been established this would require a display module. Right? Then "shrink" the router's DHCP range but keep it below 192.168.1.255. Then I assign the Apex an I.P. outside of that range but below ...255. Right so far? Then port forward (which I'll have some more questions, stay tuned).

Ok, let's start fresh here. McJudge has the right idea. I'm gonna go kindergarten here, don't take offense, I'm just trying to give you a step by step. I'll flesh this out in an edit when I get home and can access my uverse residential gateway.

1) You need to access your router (usually uverse is 192.168.1.254, type it into your browser).

2) Find the section that sets your router's IP (it should currently read 192.168.1.1)

3) Change it to 192.168.0.1

4) Change your gateway to 192.168.0.1

5) You may want to reboot your router at this point.

6) Plug your apex in via an ethernet cable to your uverse RG (residential gateway or modem)

7) Type in http://apex to your broswer

hopefully at this point you can access your apex and tweak. if this doesnt work, for steps 3 & 4, try 192.168.1.1 in both fields. Let us know!

This thread is seriously making me reconsidering getting a apex for my big tank...

I'm sure it's worth it. When its all said and done...

- Ben -

The problems aren't so much in the initial setup, as you're starting fresh. Problems for me occur when I try to change the network setup (adding routers, changing service, etc). Like bio said, after setup is done, you'll wonder how you reefed without it. As a corrollary, backup your settings, so that if something like this happens, you can restore your settings instead of having to reprogram if you have to wipe tha apex.

APEX = CRUISE CONTROL. You can play all you want with it but for stability it sure sets some ground rules. A cheap insurance policy to me. All daily/weekly tasks can be done by programming (that is actually pretty primitive). Once I got mine, I realized what its worth was. If I get back into the hobby, I'll get another one for sure...even for a nano tank.

I'm getting a head ache reading my own thread and all the acronyms. I didn't know one had to be a software engineering to run a tank controller... turned.gif

I do understand what is being said as far as setting the Apex back to DHCP. I believe it has been established this would require a display module. Right? Then "shrink" the router's DHCP range but keep it below 192.168.1.255. Then I assign the Apex an I.P. outside of that range but below ...255. Right so far? Then port forward (which I'll have some more questions, stay tuned).

Ok, let's start fresh here. McJudge has the right idea. I'm gonna go kindergarten here, don't take offense, I'm just trying to give you a step by step. I'll flesh this out in an edit when I get home and can access my uverse residential gateway.

1) You need to access your router (usually uverse is 192.168.1.254, type it into your browser).

2) Find the section that sets your router's IP (it should currently read 192.168.1.1)

6) Plug your apex in via an ethernet cable to your uverse RG (residential gateway or modem)

hopefully at this point you can access your apex and tweak. if this doesnt work, for steps 3 & 4, try 192.168.1.1 in both fields. Let us know!

I have a question teach. Why do you change the rounter's IP to ...0.? What is that going to do for the Apex? Also, my Apex connects via a internet bridge. So it is wireless. Do I need to hard line it to the router?

basically setting it to 0 allows it to see apex and apex to see it.

I'm not sure why they are directing you to reconfigure everything.. couple click on the lcd monitor and your running good.

Either way I'm excited to see the out come.

I have a question teach. Why do you change the rounter's IP to ...0.? What is that going to do for the Apex? Also, my Apex connects via a internet bridge. So it is wireless. Do I need to hard line it to the router?

because different routers come with different IP configurations from the manufacturer. If the IP that the apex is supposed to see (the 0 vs the 1) is different than the one that is there, they wont communicate.

Msxip.gif

Back wax... $15

Water park ticket... $25

Doing an 80 foot backside rail slide in a banana hammock... hilarious!

Thanks (Bio)cubed and victoly! You guys went above and beyond to help a stranger, especially Bio. I hope karma will repay you if I can't in the future.