Ebay 120w leds

florenceReefer

Is there a particular one you are looking at? I have looked at them ad nauseum, and decided on the EVO Quad 36" light strip because I like the way it sits on the tank, rather than hanging over it. I don't have a canopy. The lumens and watts are stated to be comparable to the 120w TaoTronics. I have not tested the par. So far the leathers, zoanthids, gsp, etc., are doing great with lots of growth in a short time. A few sps frags that I have started to bleach when I put this on, so I think it was too much light, too quickly, but they are starting to adjust, too.

The one I ordered was the 3 foot strip version of the clip light. No bells and whistles (timer or dimmer), but nice bright lights and good color. The tank looks amazing under this light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVO-Quad-36-LED-Aquarium-Light-Coral-Reef-Marine-Cichlid-44x-3W-3-Watts-/300771435270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46075fe306

The initial 120W LED you posted, in my opinion is too big for your 20G tank. Considering the variable adjustment on the lights, you could ramp it down. There is not enough technical specks on these eBay postings to properly evaluate this light. I would be a little cautious/skeptical about buying from an individual. Why are they wanting to get rid of it. I recently purchased a 120W fixture on reefkeepers.com

It has two dimable switches. One switch controls 26 blue 3W LED. The second switch cotrols 2 green, 4 red and 20 white. It is an awesome light and at $200 including shipping, it is a bargain.

Patrick

Yeah I kinda figured but, it could last me while I grow and get bigger tanks right? Do you have a link for your light?

Type in reefkeepers.com

Yes on using this light on larger tanks later. It is one of two lights on my 135G lagoon tank.

Patrick

The only comment that I have on that light is the color may tend to be a little blue (14k + more blue). However, that's more of an aesthetic thing than a growth thing. As for quality, the LEDs being used are the lower quality bridgelux (as opposed to cree) so your mileage may vary with long term usage. Dimmability is nice, price is reasonable. To echo patrick's comments, 120w is way too much for your tank size, but if you can dim it down, it should be ok. If you aim to upgrade, dimmable fixtures are helpful. In my own selfish interests, i say give it a shot and let us know :)

Archived