PlusRite MH Bulb Group Buy $16/ea

o0zarkawater

I need to get some new bulbs for my fixture and wanted to see if there was any interest in a Group Buy. I am buying these from LSE inc, the same guy who sells as "TrustDeals" on eBay. I have bought from him several times and been very happy. I have been using the PlusRite bulbs for about a year now and changed them every 6 months.

I like the color of the 20k bulbs, as it is more blue than any of the other cheap bulbs, but not the insane blue that Pheonix/Reeflux are. There have been threads on ARC and other forums comparing the PlusRite bulbs to the more expensive brands and for the most part PlusRite are a pretty good bulb. They do seem to lose colour a little faster than the other bulbs (4-6 months), but with the low price you can afford to change them 4x a year if you wanted and come out about the same as a single Pheonix or Reeflux bulb.

The PlusRite also has "UV Stop" coating, so if you are using an exposed bulb like in a Coralife clip on fixture, these bulbs won't burn your corals.

I would suggest sticking with the 20k, the 14k are a little too yellow for me personally.

Pricing is $16/bulb for any type. SE/Mogul or DE/HQI/FC2 150w, 250w

Just post what you would be interested in getting.

I plan on getting 6 x 20k 250w DE.

I'm still working out the payment/shipping with him, but if worse comes to worse, I will just pay and have you guys PayPal me or whatever. But ideally we would be paying him individually and shipping together for central pickup.

I'd like to let this run for a week or so.

Isn't cheaper through 1000 bulb?

The SE are still a little cheaper through them, but they don't stock the DE. LSE said $16 was the best he could do on either one, so if someone wants to buy SE through 1000bulbs they can.

I also know 1000bulbs has had trouble in the past with keeping their stocks updated, and people have ordered just to be put on backorder for a month+.

And depending on which bulbs you are looking at, you would have to buy 3+ to make up for their 10$ shipping vs the slightly higher LSE price in this group buy.

http://www.lightspectrumstore.com/servlet/the-603/Light-Bulb-Bulbs-Lamp/Detail

There's a link to one on his website, but it doesn't specify a brand. In the past, even when his auctions don't say PlusRite I just shoot him a message requesting he ship that brand.

If you have specific questions, please direct them to Arthur @ [email protected] and post your findings here if you think it will help others.

I would try the 20k 150w DE. If you don't like them, you'll be out a whole $32 rather than 60$ per bulb.

I really like them in both of my tanks, as do these other people who want to order.

when ru planning on ordering. I will get 2 of the 20k 150w DE

Also do u have nay pictures of your tank with the 20k lights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived