Super Glue Gel (group buy)

mojo

Hey all, anyone interested in adding a cyanoacrylate (Super Glue gel) group buy along with the next ARC meeting? Marc Levenson (president of DFWMAS and melev on Reef Central) and many members of his club use the generic form of cyano acrylate from Ca-Plus.com for mounting frags. This comes in 20g tubes (as opposed to the tiny 0.5g tubes that Super Glue gel comes in). I called Ca-Plus and a 20g tube would cost only $3.31 each. We can get the accelerator for $1.26 for a 1 oz bottle as well. If we do it as a group buy the shipping through UPS would almost be negligable. We could always delay this for the meeting that will involve a fragging workshop if folks like, but I'd prefer to just go ahead and get it now. If we want to do this for the next meeting I'll have to get a head count. Any takers?

OK, for those that haven't given a specific number desired, I'll assume 1 tube of cyanoacrylate for now. I'll also need a count for the accelerator. Again, this is a 1 oz. bottle and it lasts quite a long time, so I can't imagine anyone needing more than 1 or 2 of them. So the tally thus far is:

Mojo - 25 gels, 4 accelerator

Austinvines - 3 gels, 1 accelerator

hammondegge - 12 gels, 1 accelerator

GKarshens - 3 gels, 1 accelerator

JoeK - 3 gels, 1 accelerator

DHayden - 3 gels, 1 accelerator

thedude - 3 gels

bcoons - 3 gels, 1 accelerator

Naturally the above numbers can change up until the time I place the order, and if you guys/gals want the accelerator, please post your desires. Hopefully all who plan to attend the next meeting will have a chance to eyeball this thread and place an order.

I updated the previous total tally to reflect everyone's needs. As changes are made I'll continue to update the previous post on this first page so that everyone can easily see what I'll be ordering. When it's time to place the order I'll probably just go ahead and order extras, as there's no guarantee that everyone who will attend the meeting will have had a chance to see this thread. It looks like 3 gels/1 accelerator is in high demand! Now all we need is a meeting date ...

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with the vendor for the gel, and they have plenty in stock. I'll need to close the group buy about 5 days before the meeting, so check your request to ensure you've got the right amount.

Looks like three tubes and the accel is the popular setup. Put me down for the 3+1.

I just used the last of my gel glueing your little frag to my rock. Everything is doing well.

Bruce

OK Bruce, got ya. Glad to see that the monti frag did well, and I hope it grows out to a nice coral for you. If you want more, let me know.

I'm going to close the group buy at the end of the week, so if others want to participate but haven't chimed in yet, please do so soon.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, we can just settle up at the meeting. The order went out today, so it's officially closed. I did end up ordering a few more of each so that others at the meeting can get some if they wish.

gel = $3.31

accelerator = $1.26

I'll cover the shipping costs.