20 years old!

Timfish

My oldest system is 20 years old! rock.gif It was started in 1992 but I've only been taking care of it for 17 years grin.png . This system was inherited about five years ago by the current owner and everything was moved from an Oceanic 90 into this custom 120 gallon corner bowfront (some additional limestone was added). Prior to that it was essentially a single species reef system with tons of purple 'shrooms and maybe a handelfull of green 'shrooms. It now also has Anthellia, Xenia and zoas. Unfortunately none of the original fish are still alive but we did have a Marine Betta live 18 years, a Yellow tang live to 17 years, Flame Angel 12 years and took a Sailfin out when it had been in the tank about ten years (fortunately this coincided with a tank move).

post-1247-0-64236100-1343609248_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tank looks amazing. Did you update the hardware and such with technology changes or just keep it as it started? Marine bettas are interesting. How big did yours get and was it peaceful? The pictures I've seen look almost exactly like freshwater bettas just different coloration.

@ Bpb, Thank you! I got rid of most of the filtration. The old system had a wet/dry with skimmer and I but in a small corner internal filter box about 7" x 5". Lighting was updated from T12 to T5. I've had several Marine Bettas over the years and considering they can easily swallow a fish half thier size I've never had problems with them going after small fish. But if you get one and it eats your fish it's not my fault whistle.gif They do tend to be shy, mine in my personal tank is 15 years old and it only comes out occasionally.

@ Grog, Thank you! Last year I tried counting them and got something around 200 an inch +. There's usually a handful or so of jumbers setting on the sand that get pulled out periodically.