Port Aransas 2012 Trip - Provisions and Supplies

mFrame

We're planning a few "group" cooking activities so I would like to see if we can gather a list of equipment that we'll need for our events.

Bonfire -

Who has a truck we can use to gather wood for the bonfire?

Breakfast tacos -

I'll be providing the ingredients for this

Saturday night BBQ -

Patrick (subsea) has offered to cook and help you cook your catch (fish, crabs, shrimp) but we will need a variety of propane tanks and other cooking equipment. If we don't catch enough, we're thinking that you can buy whatever raw seafood you prefer for you and your family and we can all cook together at Beachgate (our hotel has picnic tables and grills as well as a fish-cleaning area)

Anything else I'm forgetting?

With respect to wood for bonfire, I have abundant cedar logs stacked for my fireplace. This wood may be difficult to collect near the beach. If we can coordinate, I would like to transfer two large boiling pots, one fish fry pot, three propane bottles and one burner.

It would be good to have more than one burner. I have a large double burner cooker that is bigger than I want to transport. So if someone can come up with a propane burner, we will have two burners with required boiling/frying pots.

Mike, not sure who the best source of information, but in my mind, the bonfire shoud be located near the collection area. If a fire is allowed at this location on the beach it would compliment the combined groups: night collecting on the jetties with a bonfire on the beach. Let us be a team and make this an event to remember.

La bonne temps oulee,

Patrick

With respect to the evening cookout at the hotel, MikeFrame planned on getting hot dogs and hamburgers when he buys breakfast supplies. If other things are desired, supermarkets are close by. We can cook what you bring on the grill.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

I spoke with park officials and they said to come down and have a blast. The beach in front of the McGee County Park is open 24/7 to bonfire activities. They also have a picnic area with grills and tables near the beach.

Patrick

How far is the hotel from this park and South Jetty?

The rv site I reserved is at IB Magee park - right next to the Jettys. I feel like this would be an awesome spot for a bonfire/cookout.

http://www.stxmaps.c...3958361:1798232

http://nuecesbeachpa..._Beach_Park.htm

Teresa, this location is awesome. Their lighted fishing pier is available 24/7. This could be good for both fishing/crabbing and collecting. The South Jetty is walking distance from the park. You go girl.

Patrick

I spoke with park officials and they said to come down and have a blast. The beach in front of the McGee County Park is open 24/7 to bonfire activities. They also have a picnic area with grills and tables near the beach.

How far is the hotel from this park and South Jetty?

Looks like about 2 miles

Archived