Floating tanks

subsea

With 3" of rain Sunday evening the total for the last week is at 7". During a lull in the rain, I went outside to start up a submersible pump in my wet weather stream bed. I now have 10K gallons in my above ground tanks located at highest point on my property. Meanwhile, my least full 100 gallon seaweed growout tank floated up out of the ground. In the future, I will keep a higher level in this tank.

Just when I thought I heard it all you go and float your tanks in your back yard in the middle of July in central Texas! That's something I will have to take into consideration in my designs in the future. Hope it didn't break any of your plumping?! How long did it take to fill up your 10,000 gallon water tanks? (Bet you're wishing you had more tanks with the rain we got yesterday.)

The tank that floated was about a third full of water. It pulled a compression union apart and spilled 50 gallons of salt water into the fresh water flood. I will cement this tank into the ground. The other two tanks are kept full and they drain into this tank which requires a lower level. In the last month my production of Red Ogo has increased ten fold.

I started pumps at 7 PM Sunday evening. At 7 AM Monday morning, water was no longer flowing in the creek bottom and the pump had shut off on low level float switch. All four 2500 gallon tanks are 80% full. The next time I will more closely monitor pump rate.

Patrick

PS Tim, I am picking tomatoes, okrae and cantaloupe. Come get you some.