Desktop Dell XPS 4510 won't boot Windows 7 anymore

Razor

hey man i live in killeen i can most likly fix it for you hit me up 605661303.5 if the HDD has gone out i have a few harddrives that we can test and such and i have a home windows 7 disk a pro disk and a ult disk just hit me up and we can go from there

Funkness may be the next of line for assisting a repair. I also have HDD's laying around, but being in Kyle limits things unless you are comfortable with online help.

Here is a link to what the inside of the case looks like: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk136/mfinnan101/PICT0029.jpg

In this photo, along the bottom are two black boxes with typically one blue cable and a multi wired cable in yellow/black/red plugged into them. These are the HDD's.

Question is, do you have one or two in your machine?

After running some tests we think it is the hard drive. I ordered one and it should be here next week. I will keep this thread posted on the outcome. Thanks again for all the help!

Well after replacing the hard drive the computer works like a champ! Funkness helped me out a lot with reinstalling windows on the new HHD. Now I am going through the daunting task of updating windows. It is a very slow process when you down load, install, and restart the computer, then when it spends 20 minutes congfiguring and applying the new settings.... then a message up saying update failed, reverting back to previous configuration!

I also need to research why my bose speakers are not being recognized too.

Does anyone know why these 112 updates keep failing?

Think you have to clear the update cache. Google that and might help. Ive had vista machines do the same thing. One goofed up install on a simple update prevents the rest from installing. Usually a service pack install though will trump them and move on with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just to close this out, the problem was the hard drive. I replaced it and a friend helped me reload Windows 7 back on the drive. To get all of the updates to finally go through I just started downloading and installing them one at a time. They all installed fine that way. My guess was when the bulk tried to install somewhere along the line one not installed in the bulk was preventing the others from installing. Anyway, Installing them one at a time or just a few at a time worked.

Thank you all again for the assistance and offers!