top down viewing box

Mitch

Bring me the acrylic and weld-on 4 and I'll build it for you smile.png Would be simple to make and regal plastics will cut to the size you want.

hmm, i've never tried to work with acrylic. it's pretty easy?

Bio3, i really appreciate the offer. Lmk do my research and get the acrylic pieces, then i'll hit you up. Btw is there a local source for weld-on 4?

Finally, if anyone has advice, eg wish i had done this type of thing, please share doh.gif

I can make it just like melev if you want. Regal plastics will have weld-on and applicator and the acrylic cut to your specs.

I use my nikion AW100 for in tank shots LOL water proof camera makes it easy

I think it would cost about 50% less than buying one. Melves sells it for $50... I can get all the acrylic from lowes for $25, cheaper if I went to regal and got the acrylic there (~20) then figure in weldon 4 around ~8 so total of $32 at the most. Melves is 62 with shipping

fyi i'm currently leaning towards foregoing the DIY route and getting the Avast porthole ($40+s&h for the original version which is 4" ID and 2.75" inside barrel length, or the XL version $45+s&h also 4" ID and 6-3/8" inside barrell length). also, note that it's now a scratch resistant lense as well.

my understanding is that with the "box" style one wouldn't be able to adjust the lense. i think one might be able to with the porthole design. still trying to investigate...

update: s&h is $10.

Edited by Mitch