Acrylic bubble tank

All WYSIWYG

I wanted to try something new. I found a place online that sells bubble or dome panals made from acrylic. I ordered a couple to make my friends daughter a tank for her room, going to have a rose bubble nem and a couple of clownfish. He is a member here (h20cool) and after I get done with the tank hopefully he will post some pics of the install and what it looks like once its up and going.

Its a 16" cube and will be drilled for an overflow and will have an acylic sump made for it as well. It will be lit by a 120 watt LED and have ceramco rock.

I got the panels and they were rough to say the least. I had to square them up and I had my friend sand all the edges to make them smooth. I assembled most of the tank today but I'm still not finished. I have to sand and buff some areas to make it perfect.

Looks pretty cool so far!

post-2520-0-80517700-1336436844_thumb.jppost-2520-0-09101800-1336436861_thumb.jppost-2520-0-40466300-1336436875_thumb.jppost-2520-0-31948500-1336436889_thumb.jppost-2520-0-01225300-1336436902_thumb.jppost-2520-0-98890000-1336436920_thumb.jp

We thought about it, the tank is so small that an inverted panel would take up to much room. However I think it would be cool to do a bigger tank with inverted panels on the bottom so the kids can stick there heads in.

Very nice tank looks like you finished it up pretty quick since we were out there Sunday, congrats! Guess hunting down those anthias didn't wear you out at all haha.

So I had one tiny leak which was easily repaired with some weld on 4. Filled it with water and its going to be cool lol. The maginifcation in the dome is insane, the clownfish and nem are going to look HUGE in there!!! We will be updating the post with some new pics this week.