Want to buy RODI

Niko's Reef

In suggest getting a quality unit that incorporates a least 1 TDS meter. You may also want to check your incoming water pressure as it will impact the efficiency of any unit you purchase, and if too low, will require an additional booster pump. Keep in mind that production drop's in the cooler month's.

Cheers,

I went to a shop today to purchase some new bulb lights for my tank. When I was there, I checked out the ro/di systems. I was expected to get blown away by the presentation and to make an impulse buy. However, I was turned off from it. It was a Tunze system. The guy told me that it would produce 1 good gal out of 5 and was extremely messy. It would have ran me about 200$. He said if I didn't mind hauling around buckets, it's just as easy. I don't have much evaporation. All the dispensers around me are kept up to date and are close to me. It's not really a hassle for me. I just thought a RO/DI machine was an essential and $ saver. Just by hearing what he had to say and the comments on this post, it seems like its not worth it. Anyone got input to push me the other way? Is it just that brand?

After checking out Air, Water and Ice I feel mixed. The system looks a lot better. The reviews are great. A few comments about the instructions make me nervous. I'm not all that good with my hands. Looking at the TYPHOON III AQUARIUM RODI 75 or 100 GPD system.

Niko,

I personaly dont think a ro/di makes that much of a difference because the ro part already takes water from 100 +/- to about 4 or less. The di takes it from 4 to 0. So if you are really wanting to make your own water and save some of the up front cost i would look into just a RO system. Also a new RODI lose about 50% of there value when you drive them off the lot but there fast sellers on the club site. Hope this helps you out

PS how are those zoas doing?

Dave

Thanks Dave. That's helpful. I think I'm going to keep my process. If it's not broke, why fix it? Zoas doing great. Whats the name of the green coral that u gave me? It's different. I like it. Wish I would have gotten those mushrooms from u last week. That was a hell of a deal.

In my experience niko, when I was running just ro and no Di, I was having problems with gha and cyano that I had never had prior to purchasing my own system. I have since added a Di unit from brs and all of those problems have disappeared. I find it much easier to have my own unit and not lugging buckets around. Just my 2 cents

Thanks Dave. That's helpful. I think I'm going to keep my process. If it's not broke, why fix it? Zoas doing great. Whats the name of the green coral that u gave me? It's different. I like it. Wish I would have gotten those mushrooms from u last week. That was a hell of a deal.

I think its a horn coral and glad to hear everything is growning well.

Rory, it's something that I'm going to do a lot more research on. Just going to put it on the back burner for a little bit. Defintely apprecitate the 2 cents. Awesome Dave, thanks. Been wondering what it is.