ARC 2012 Summer Activity T-shirts

With our upcoming Sea-World and Texas Coast trips, I thought I'd ask who wants to get matching ARC t-shirts.

I'm happy to make this a contest thread. First, submit your t-shirt design for either (or both) events. This can be a single t-shirt design used for both events, or can be two separate designs. We will accept designs through midnight 5/20/2012. At that time we'll put the t-shirt designs here on a poll and let you vote for the winner(s), to be selected 5/31/2012. Designs should be a single color of print (i.e. white design for a blue shirt, not a multi-colored clownfish). Designs should be for the back of the shirt only to simplify and minimize cost. Assuming we meet the minimum quantity order, the designer of the shirt will win (2) of the tshirts in his/her choice of sizes.

I think that with a minimum quantity of 10 that I can get shirts made for about <$15 each. I think I can also get children's sizes. I'm not looking to make a profit here, just to have a noticeable ARC presence wherever we go. rock.gif

Besides designs, information I need from you:

• Size/Quantity of shirts you would be interested in
  • Your preference for a combined or different shirts for each event
  • How much per shirt you would pay (cotton vs wicking)
  • ???

For slightly more $, we can get the shirts made out of wicking fabric, which is great for quick drying when they get wet. Since people will be requesting specific sizes/quantities, you will need to pre-pay at the time I place the order (approx June 1st).

If we don't have interest in at least 10 shirts, it probably isn't worth doing.

I think it would be cool to screenprint everyone's username on the back...

Sorry, I'll have to disagree, I wouldn't want it for myself. I think it would probably increase costs as well

I think it would be cool to screenprint everyone's username on the back...

It definitely would raise costs. You can always do puffy paint or the old 70s iron on letters. :D

Most be nice to have all the ARC graphics. hmm.png

biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

I like that idea, Drew...I wasn't really partial to "Trip" being used. However, it would need something else to note that it is a club event, and not that the club is from Port Aransas.

I like that idea, Drew...I wasn't really partial to "Trip" being used. However, it would need something else to note that it is a club event, and not that the club is from Port Aransas.

"Critter Collection 2012, Port Aransas, Tx" :D

Either way, the deadline for entries to the contest is looming! Poll for the designs will go up this Friday with voting closing 5/31/2012.

Mike, mine was for fun so please don't put it in the poll. :)

We've only received one legitimate entry for the Coast trip and a few gags for the SeaWorld trip. If you want to do an event shirt for SeaWorld we'll need some entrants quickly in order to have time to print them. And if you haven't pre-purchased your SeaWorld tickets, don't forget!

Archived