BRS Group buy

10gReef

I would be glad to enter a group buy even though I don't necessarily need much. I would definitely like to ship with someone else as well, at least in the nw austin area, if not lcp. I am in NO hurry.

Bill

maybe, i just read on there site to qualify for a groupbuy we need 10 participants. i bet we could hit the free shiping at $175 now. if everyone interested wants to do a wish list and post the amount of your order here to get a tally. that way we will know if we have enough or if we need more.

Can I humbly suggest: Start the group buy as if it is going to happen, otherwise, at this rate it never will. Set a start date - next Monday sounds reasonable to me. Ask for participants to send you their info that their individual BRS account is set up for so you can get the group buy set up. Then while we are waiting for Monday to get here you can post the list of people interested and how much they might be ordering, although it's hard to know for sure without have the discount prices published yet. Hopefully we make it to 10 people. Those of the Fabulous 10 list can work out amongst themselves who they want to go in with and/or if that will qualify for free shipping. Many times the subgroups do not. Also note when you solicit folks all you have to do is ask for those who think they MIGHT be interested in a group order...... which will begin next MOnday? By the time we group the orders together they have no way of knowing how many people actually ordered. Presumably they are just looking for potential and not guarantees. Moving forward the worse case scenerio is it just doesn't happen for lack of sufficient interest. If you wait for all the numbers to be exact, then some back out, cuz it's taking too long, then, then, it probably will never happen - IMHO.

Bill

ok, so i am starting the groupl by process for the BRS order, the start day has to be on a Tuesday, 5-15-2012. I will need everyones first and last name and email address. please pm me or post it here. I also need to know who our fearless ARC leader is and their email address. Thanks.

ok, so i am starting the groupl by process for the BRS order, the start day has to be on a Tuesday, 5-15-2012. I will need everyones first and last name and email address. please pm me or post it here. I also need to know who our fearless ARC leader is and their email address. Thanks.

PMing now.

BRS works a little different than some others, who work a little different than others.... The 'Group Buy' pretty much amounts to getting the 10 names to submit. Then on whatever day the group coordinator (10 gallon) arranges the 'Group Buy' starts and I believe ends a week later. When you go onto BRS and you enter your site entry info the Group Buy prices are shown. That's it. Ordering is up to the individuals. There is no break on shipping per se. So then you either order on your own or get with someone else who orders so that you can split shipping. Usually getting just 2 or 3 people on the order will bring the shipping to about half per person - depending on whether some order really heavy stuff, of course, As mentioned if one or more people (on the same order to be shipped to the same address) exceed $175 there is no shipping charge ON THAT ORDER, for that address. I always entering expecting I am going to get the best price break, but will probably have to pay 4-6 dollars shipping. Unless someone else wants to do it I am happy to place an order for whomever wants to order with me and pickup from my house. Last group buy I ordered, no one came to my house,(although many times they have). I met someone along 183 and then met several other people at Highland Lanes at noon time. It went really easy. Email 10galReef with your name (eg Bill Brister) and the email you used to open your BRS account. If you haven't registered you'll need to do that. - All of this is contingent on us getting 10 names that 10g can send to BRS. To summarize it is possible the even though 10g sets up the group buy, worse case scenerio, there could be a group, from S Austin lets say, who orders and get no postage and he could end up ordering by himself and pay all the postage himself. Let's hope not, but he would have still gotten the benefit of the group buy prices and sometimes they give the coordinator a little something, but not much. fyi Except on some equiptment the group buy price is often very near the same price as the price they show 'as low as' - where you normally have to buy 5 or more of that item. END TUTORIAL smile.png

Bill

• Like 1

I forget what that means. I believe it means that you have actually placed an order, (or possibly just been a name submitted with a group buy). It is not as good a discount as group buy pricing.

If you think you even might be interested you should send in pertinent info to 10g. We are not later penalized if you don't order.

Bill