125 Gal selling as complete only 2000.00obo

August

This is going to be a very tough sell for me, but with recent things going on I feel it is one I have to do. I WILL NOT PART ANY OF THIS OUT SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING ME. I want it to go in one big piece so I dont have to watch my hard work walk out the door in pieces. I WILL KEEP THE SETUP IF IT WONT SELL SO DONT POST THAT "IF YOU DECIDE TO PART OUT CRAP" IT WILL NOT HAPPEN....

125 Gal Tank, Stand, and hand made canopy

2 250w 20k Metal Halide fixtures, reflectors, bulbs and ballasts

2 dual PC actinic fixtures, reflectors, bulbs, and Ballast

55 Gal sump w/ 750 GPH return pump

Current brand rec. Skimmer rated for 215 gal

500 GPH skimmer pump

Also have a BRS gfo/carbon reactor just needs a new pump

1-2 K2s (not sure if we will keep these for freshwater)

100-150lbs Sand

100-150lbs Live Rock

10 in Hippo Tang (named Dory by my kids)

10-12 in Vlamini Tang (named blue lips by my sister)

7 in Derjingi Sailfin Tang

6-8 in Naso Tang (named Speed Stripe by my kids)

7 Blue Green Chromis

1 Blk & Wht Clownfish

1 Sand Sifting Goby

2 heads of hammer coral

1 rock with Anthilia

1 frag of about 10 heads of Orange bam bam zoas

1 small colony of kiwi zoas 15+ heads

1 Kenya trees

2 pieces of GSP

4 Hairy mushrooms (2 on one rock, 1 relocated to a different rock)

1 rock with some red mushrooms

2 devils hand leather corals

1 leather coral

4 cinnamon palys

rock with misc different zoas on it

1 colony of unknown zoas

and maybe some misc other corals I can not think of

All kinds of Misc snails, hermits, and I think 3-4 starfish (2 brittle and 1-2 serpent)

1 Red Knobby Starfish

1 pencil urchin

There may be some other things that I am forgetting to mention in there but its all included

As I said this is whole set up ONLY anyone who offers of specific things will be ignored and possibly blocked... I f you want to see the tank feel free to PM I do not have pictures of it so seeing it in person is the only way to go... Thanks everyone and I hope that you understand

Thanks yes its going to be hard but its what is best... I might have a smaller tank but nothing big enough to keep the big tangs that are in the 125 you could cut a fillet off my hippo or the Vlamingi if you were starving lol!!! They are all super healthy and awesome fish and yes all the tangs get along perfectly no issue whats so ever :)

You seem so angry! Pictures would go a long way in helping the sale go through. Gotta be honest though, it is very rare that a complete tank sale goes through. In any event, good luck with it.

not angry just sad and I just dont want to get the Ill buy this if you part out junk I know people get frustrated with that... I just dont want to watch it go out in pieces honestly..... If I become desperate then maybe but I am not in a place to divide up all the fish they love eachother lol.... this tank has been my baby lots of blood sweat and tears into this thing tons of frustration and asking other wonderful memebers for advice and help.... I just dont have the stomach to tear it down one piece at a time if that makes sense to you... I can txt a pic if someone is interested but would be better for people to see in person

I am really not sure why this got moved here... I put it in both places because it is being offered at a lower price for premium members.... and from what I understand that is what you are supposed to do when you offer it at different prices.... I guess things need to be more specific!

Hey August & Jake,

If you don't mind me asking, how come you are selling in the first place? Time for maintenance?

I figure keeping a freshwater system is just as much work, might as well keep all your fishy friends and just hang on to it. Most of the "maintenance" I do with my saltwater system is not needed, I just like to mess with it. I really just empty the skimmer cup and fill up the RO water once a week and feed my babies.

Cost-wise, 6 plus-rite bulbs a year ($90), 2 VHO actinic ($60), and food/misc (less than $200/year). Electricity and obviously water too, though my electricity bill for my whole house is usually $60-80 ($100-140 summer). That's not much to sit there and enjoy all your babies swimming around in your own piece of ocean.

Sorry for the ranting, just curious why you are wanting to sell if you obviously are attached to your system like all of the rest of us.

we are going to be moving.. I would rather sell the whole thing... with 3 kids the tank definately doesnt get the attention it needs... also not sure if where we move is going to have a space big enough for my set up.... I love my tank but the way I see it is that it will always be here... when I get everything moved and set back up again then if I have room for another tank we will see... yes I am very attached to it.... but we already breed raise and sell african cichlids and between the 2 the reef suffers but the freshwater at least brings in some extra money so I had to think what was best :( sadly my reef needs to move to another home to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have and will take care of it even better then I have lol.... it is my baby yes but my 3 human kids and family are more important to me... I keep telling myself it will always be here whenever I am ready for it again

Thought about a nano-tank? Had one for 5 years and loved it. Sometimes miss it over the 125-gallon I have.

Also, my 2 cents but finding some time to take some pictures may garner more attention to your sale. It's rare to sell an entire system whole but to have people have to drive out to Kyle to see it puts an even more difficult barrier of sale on your tank. Again... just trying to help out. You can ignore the advice and I won't be offended.

But do think about the nano. Throw some softies in there (star polyps, mushrooms) and some small fish and you get to keep a little bit of your ocean with you.

Thanks for the advice... I appreciate it and yes I will try to add some pics I have some older pics guess those are better then nothing :) I have thought about a nano or pico or something for my desk when we get moved and settled.... I will never give up ARC though because there are so many wonderful people... Thanks for taking the time to give advice and care Ty I appreciate it :) I am also wanting to try and finish my college but having a hard time finding anything zooology/animal science related close Acc used to have stuff but now they no longer have ANY animal related degrees :( bummer

Also forgot the cinnimon polys, a red knobby starfish, pink pincusion urchin, and some shrimp... these arent the best pics but one is of my hippo, one has the naso and sailfin, and the other is a tank shot not the greatest shot though.... The tangs will eat Nori out of my hand they are definately my babies every time I walk to their tank they come begging for food..... but only when I do it... its awesome :)

post-1153-0-69854700-1334685448_thumb.jp

post-1153-0-15389400-1334685677_thumb.jp

post-1153-0-28362100-1334685715_thumb.jp

Indeed, I like your livestock selection and your rockscape. I could see a bunch of SPS towering all over those rocks. Good luck with the sale!

A pico at the office with be awesome!

I don't know about education around here but A&M has a great biology program and environmental sciences program and A&M Galveston has one of the top programs in the nation for Marine Biology. Not biased at all btw. whistle.gif

oh I am an Aggie all the way... the only hang up is their cost and distance smile.png might see whether they offer anything online I know some big colleges offer certain things online but for certain things you need to go to the campus for... thanks for the input.... yeah sps never really messed with only because I know they can take more and as it is right now I dont have to dose with anything..... yes and all my tangs get along perfectly they are super friendly got a few shots today of them all hovered waiting for me when they saw me standing there with the cam...... I love my fish.... they are a fish family of sorts haha!!! gotta love them smile.png I wanted maximum swimming area thats why I decided I didnt want tons and tons of rock.... with the fish being the sizes they are they need the room

Thanks so much!! Yes this is my baby and whoever ends up with it will be lucky :) I love my fish the big tangs will eat Nori out of my hand... Gotta love awesome fish :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived