Community Storage Container

http://www.plastic-m...aspx?cat=15&b=1 http://www.plastic-m...ory.aspx?cat=39

Being new to the game I'm still learning the ins and outs, tricks, etc.

I have been hauling around containers of water, splashing it everywhere, and it seems like there could be an easier way. I have came up with an idea. It might be way out there but I think it would benefit your organization.

At meetings you could take donations (are you guys non profit organization status)?

ARC could possible buy a large water container say 300-350 gallons at most.

slap it on a small trailer (everyone in Texas has trucks, everyone knows one person with a truck)

I'm then sure ARC could set up an agreement with one of the water plants or aquadome etc. for the sale of (x) amount of gallons of RO or mixed saltwater (from aquadome per say). Aquadome would intially set up the agreements but filling up and transporting would be the responsibility of the member. ARC would be loading the equipment.

This could be beneficial for us folks that don't have our own RO units. or are doing huge water changes, or new builds.

It doesn't even have to be a 300 gallon they make all sizes.

Just a thought maybe your already doing it or not interested.

http://www.plastic-m...aspx?cat=15&b=1

I was an intelligence/information analyst in the Marine Corps. I am capable of becoming a subject matter expert in subject. I was frequently responsible for knowing or being responsible for finding out; information that was related to the lives of friendly and enemy forces.

I in other words am like a consultant. lol

I'd worry about where it was located, how long the water sat, how hot/cold it was getting, if anything got inside to mess with it, and how many gallons each person was allowed to take.

Too much hassle/gas/time for me personally. IMHO after you buy a tank the first thing you should get is an RODI unit, it has more uses than just your tank.

I'd worry about where it was located, how long the water sat, how hot/cold it was getting, if anything got inside to mess with it, and how many gallons each person was allowed to take.

Too much hassle/gas/time for me personally. IMHO after you buy a tank the first thing you should get is an RODI unit, it has more uses than just your tank.

+1 RODI filter seems easier than anything else, especially when hooked up to an auto top off system...and can be had for $150 or less many times. Just for the sake MUCH easier maintenance, it's more important to me than many many other things I've bought for my tank.

I am going to junp into the deep water with this one. I do not think that RO water is necessary are for that matter better than what I get out of the Trinity Aquifier (located below Edwards Aquifier in Hays County). My ground water is full of calcium, magnesium and sulfur soo strong that I can smell it in the shower. My reef tanks and lagoon tanks love it.

Think about this paradax. Expensive reverse osmosis membrane filter strains dissolved solids from water to be fit for use in reef tanks. Add large amount of dissolved solids from synthetic salt mix. Due to depletion of dissolved solids add trace elements. Continue depleting dissolved solids with foam fractionating (protein skimmers). Add more trace elements. Because of the expense, I adjusted my attitude about the need for this expensive and wasteful process. At some point, the use of water will be rationed for our reef tanks. You best get used to the concept of rationing the way we use water.

Patrick

Well that's great for you Patrick, but not everyone is on a well. My water comes in with clorine, chloramine, fluoride, phosphates, etc,...not to mention metals. Having an well drawing from an aquifer, most contaminants are not introduced to your water source, or are filtered out underground.

Regardless, this is getting off topic...I think owning your own water filter is a better option for those of us using filtered water.