Several 2-Liter Bottles of Phytoplankton for Sale or Trade

mawshi

I went crazy culturing alot of phytoplankton over the last few weeks, and I have several extra 2-liter phyto bottles for sale. Rather than paying $20 for 16oz of DT's Phytoplankton, I figured people might want an entire 2-liter for $10 each. I think I have about 6 extra bottles, and they can be stored up to a month in the refrigerator as long as they are shaken up regularly (daily) to prevent the cells from settling to the bottom of the bottom. Otherwise they will smother each other and die.

Phytoplankton is great for feeding soft corals, feather dusters, and clams, as well as the pod population in your tank & refugium. It has made my soft corals perk up, and micro-fauna in our tanks feed upon it. Dosing it every other day is sufficient, and will result in good pod growth in your reef for some fish such as wrasses and mandarins to feed upon. When feeding phytoplankton, Ive always turned off the protein skimmer for an hour to keep the food in the water longer. It also provides an important source of nutrition for clams, soft corals, tunicates, sponges and feather-dusters, as well as, zooplankton such as invertebrate larvae and copepods.

If you want to trade me a frag for it, I'm open to that as well. Just let me know what you have.

Edited by mawshi

put me down for 2 bottles. Give me a call at 254-371-7538.

I went crazy culturing alot of phytoplankton over the last few weeks, and I have several extra 2-liter phyto bottles for sale. Rather than paying $20 for 16oz of DT's Phytoplankton, I figured people might want an entire 2-liter for $10 each. I think I have about 6 extra bottles, and they can be stored up to a month in the refrigerator as long as they are shaken up regularly (daily) to prevent the cells from settling to the bottom of the bottom. Otherwise they will smother each other and die.

Phytoplankton is great for feeding soft corals, feather dusters, and clams, as well as the pod population in your tank & refugium. It has made my soft corals perk up, and micro-fauna in our tanks feed upon it. Dosing it every other day is sufficient, and will result in good pod growth in your reef for some fish such as wrasses and mandarins to feed upon. When feeding phytoplankton, Ive always turned off the protein skimmer for an hour to keep the food in the water longer. It also provides an important source of nutrition for clams, soft corals, tunicates, sponges and feather-dusters, as well as, zooplankton such as invertebrate larvae and copepods.

If you want to trade me a frag for it, I'm open to that as well. Just let me know what you have.

I'd like a bottle. I just started my "pod tank". Do you still have the caulerpa for sale? I still haven't gotten the HOB fuge, but I'll pick it up while I'm there.

KarenM,

If Mawshi doesn't have any to sale (don't want to stomp on her thread) I have some I can give you. Just let me know when you are in N Austin. If not far from River City.

Stephen