Tank Leak, need help now

Dena

Guess I should have posted here. It cracked where the bottom bulk head was. It's on a very expensive laminate floor that is glued together only a certain amount around the tank. Water is almost completely drained out now, fish in a tub. We need to get it outside...280g. Need Prof and the suction cups...or about 4-5 men.

Addy: 175 Fawn Ridge Rd., Cedar Creek, TX 78612 - 512-698-7192

Chad and I are almost there. Come on people...if you have ever bought anything from Dena, odds are she's accomodated your schedule to deliver or meet up with to exchange whatever was purchased. She needs our help now. Come together and show what a community is really about.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

We got it out of the house. Decided to just knock out one side of the glass, somehow they got the tank and stand on dollies...wheeled it to the door and slid it off the stand onto the porch. Thank you Chad and Belinda for coming over so quickly and bringing the tub. We have the fish, some live rock, a skimmer, a power head and a heater in one 100g tub. The sand and the rest of the rock in the.

Aquadome said it would take about 4 weeks to get a new tank made and delivered.

What a mess. We thought it was the bulkhead, but they weren't tight...like really weren't tight. It may have been the rock being on top of the bulk head putting pressure. It cracked from the bulk head to the corner of the tank and then it shot back across about 20" on the end of the tank...all on the bottom piece of glass.

The fish are stressed and thank you Hydro for offering your QT tank (and Sherita for offering to drive me up some 100g tanks). I just think moving them a third time in a week may be more than they can handle. I'm going to watch them closely...there is a good amount of room and hiding places. I can also put the small fish in the Red Sea Max I have set up.

The only good thing...now I can get rid of the one tang I didn't want to keep. Kind of a lot to go through to get rid of one tang though.

Thanks everyone. I don't have many coral...cooked the ones I was saving in an accident in my small holding tank. The ones I have, and the fish, really seem to be doing okay in this 100 gallon tub. I have it by the window so it gets natural light. Only worried about my nems, but I can move those into the Red Sea max if I need to. The fish are very active and hopping out of the water to get food.

We gave Gary at the Dome measurements to do a new tank. I'm hoping it's not too expensive because we really put everything we had right now into this set up. The tank was the only thing that wasn't brand new. We plan to have the bottom made out of plastic and no trim on it with eurobracing. Only holes will be two for the overflow. The whole ordeal has worn me out. It looked so darn nice when it was running! We were lucky it hadn't been leaking for too long...the floor wasn't damaged.

Honestly, once it broke I knew my husband would say "this is the last used thing we ever buy"...sure enough. I don't think it had anything to do with being used...just a fluke thing. Still aren't 100% sure what caused it. He didn't want to deal with replacing it. Actually took a sledge hammer to the side of it to lessen the weight so the three guys could get it out of the house.

Thanks Patrick! Waiting on a quote and then we'll have to save up the money for it. I have a lot of tangs so the macro may not work too well in the tank...well, the Tangs will probably think it works well. LOL I'm going to try to hit the meeting at your place though. I have a Red Sea Max that I want to keep running for an Angler...IF I can catch one this year. I was thinking of doing an algae-scaped set up for it.