Keeping a Bubble Coral

Derek

I have two Pearl Bubbles, a pink and a green. I've had the pink one for over 3 years (purchased it at the DEC08 RCA Holiday Sale).

I've kept it all over the tank, but I find it does best in low flow. It doesn't need a lot of light either. I probably haven't target-fed it in over 2 years.

I have been having a heck of a time keeping bubble corals over the past year. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. The placement seems fine. The tissue just keeps retracting and eventually it complete dies.

I just got a new lighting fixture to provide more lighting. I just do not want to invest in another piece if it is going to die again. Has anyone had luck keeping a bubble coral long term? If so, what is your secret?

I have had one for 5 years. I bought it with 3 bubbles left that were bleached white. It has grown to be almost volleyball sized and a beautiful green. It is in a low flow and lower light (50-90 par)

Hmm, maybe I just don't have luck with them. It sucks because I really love bubble corals.

This is a constant thorn in my side too. Do exact same maintenance, methodology and lights but one coral does well in one tank and not the other.iiam.gif