JLowery's Marineland 93 Gallon

jlowery

To start off I recently moved from Miami to Austin where I had a small SPS setup for about 7 years, now that I'm all settled in I figured it was time to setup something new. So being new to Austin we decided to rent for a while, we found a large townhouse which was great . The only problem is that the main living area is on the second floor. Wanting something large with deep dimensions I opt for the 93G (30" x 30" x 24") but really 28.5" x 28.5" x 24". So now how do I get a large sump under the tank? Well I started with a 20G high and ran with that for a few months. It became too difficult changing the skimmer cup and doing various other task under the tank, the inside height is only like 25". So just a few weeks ago I used my old 40 breeder and put it up next to the tank in IKEA cabinet.

The setup has be running now for about 5 months. Its lightly stocked with a few fish and GSP.

I started with BRS dry Pukani rock and live sand. The tank cycled for almost 3 months and I'm just starting to see coralline algae. I'm anxious to start putting some SPS frags in but I'm trying to take it slow.

System: 100Gallons Total

Tank: Marineland 93G RR

Lighting: Vertex Illumina 260 12"

Flow: 2 x Ecotech Marine MP40W

Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 170

Sump: 40 Breeder w/ Refugium and 10W 6K LED Flood (on 24/7)

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Kalk Reactor: MRC Small Nilson

Controller: Apex

GFO/Carbon: BRS Dual Reactor

Dosing pump: GHL Stand-alone Dosing Unit - 3 Pump

Chiller: JBJ 1/10HP

Heater: JBJ 300Watt

Also I'm using ESV Salt and will start dosing BRS recipe 1.

I'm new to LED and still a little skeptical using only a 12" fixture, but I made to rock work for it. Time will tell.

post-2120-0-09824200-1331692367_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-45131100-1331692369_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-33928700-1331692388_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-96399700-1331692481_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very nice. I wouldn't think you need the chiller running LED's.

Probably not, but I do live in Texas.

That's the first thing that I thought as well, but of course, it does hold his doser neatly.

Tank looks good. I'll definitely follow along re the LED fixture.

Looks like crap though, I plan on building a shelf for the doser and doing some cleaning up. As for the light, I'm doing some testing with 100watt Ecoxotic Cannons today so the Vertex might be going.