Is it just me

innate1

Or does anyone else miss the old KGSR? I hate how they now take a song and play it until I hate it. KGSR didn't used to be like that. I now have to change the channel around noon because I don't want to hear Goyte or Adelle for the thousandth time.

Pandora, my friend. I find it annoying that the "Alternative Rock" station in town is still playing Pearl Jam and Nirvana throughout their rotations. 20 yrs, guys, technically those are almost "classic" rock now. *sigh*

I've been mourning the death of my once-loved KLBJ. They're doing the same thing with their music. I love Led Zeppelin as much as the next guy (if not more), but I can only take "Trampled Underfoot" so many times in one day. Once they fired Charlie Hodge, I was done. Thank goodness he has a podcast now!

Radio in general sure has gone downhill

Sadly, I think local am and fm radio is dying slowly. We will be the next medium replaced by the internet and the back channel it provides advertisers. Once we loose the dashboard (Pandora installed on factory head units from Toyota, Hyundai, etc) it will be the beginning of the end. HD Radio is a joke and we have nothing to offer consumers but our content which is now available on any device you would like to consume it on at your leisure.

I had a Sirrius radio in my car when I purchased it. IMO a great deal for 7 a month. I dread driving my wife's truck and having to listen to commercials. I do think that broadcast TV and radio are going the way of the dodo. No censorship and no commercials make it woth a monthly fee for me. I just wish I had a newer model head unit that would display the artist and title as it is played. Plenty of programming on SiriusXM, much better than before they merged.

i stopped listening to radio about 10yrs ago lol. i cannot stand trying to listen to one, maybe 2 songs, then get stuck listening to 15mins of commercials. try to switch stations and they have tons of commercials too. to make matters worse, they always play the same songs over and over and over, and the same commercials over and over again. i just buy my cds that i want, or download the music onto the phone and plug it into the cd player :/

• 2 weeks later...