Need Oxygen

mcallahan

I'm shipping my fish tonight to their temporary home and would like to oxygenate the bag. However I don't have an oxygen bottle laying around.

Does anyone have one, or know where I could go to oxygen injected into the their bags?

Maybe Robb could hook me up at the hospital!

A weld supply place it may not be hospital grade and they may look at you funny if you bring in a bunch of bagged fish lol :) No IDea what they would charge to do it. You might also slip somoneone at a weld shop some cash most of them run o2 with there cutting torches.

At home depot you can buy oxygen bottles, really small ones for a mini toch kit they sell, I have one but its an hour from you.

Cool! I found it but it looks like it is capped off. Any suggestions on how to dispense the oxygen in a controlled manner?

At home depot you can buy oxygen bottles, really small ones for a mini toch kit they sell, I have one but its an hour from you.

Cool! I found it but it looks like it is capped off. Any suggestions on how to dispense the oxygen in a controlled manner?

Definitely NOT by shooting it. Trust me.

• Like 2

Instead of oxygen you could use that blue stuff they keep bettas in in pet shops. In had my clown shipped to me in that stuff.

Oh actually, now I think about it, I think they used a special "breathable" bag too. It really was quite amazing how small the bag was and the clown was absolutely fine. Not sure where you get those bags though... sorry, this post turned out not to be terribly helpful! Good luck with the move! :D

Im not sure how it works on that bottle but usualy a small screwdriver and press down on the center of tthe threded fitting will get the gass out not to sure on a contolled manner mabey buy the torch it goes to and then take it back after you use it to pump the o2 not that I would do it