Instant ocean hydrometer

(Bio)³

As an instrument technician, the instrument is only as good as its last calibration. Both electronic devices and mechanical devices fail. I always use my hydrometer for checks. Unless a large differential is read on my hydrometer, I find it reliable and durable. Removing minute bubbles from the pivot/pendalum arm is the single most consistant thing to do to get reliable measurements. Providing fresh water flushes to remove salt deposits, determines the reliability of this instrumen as wellt. If you want to pay more bucks for electronic monitoring, then conductivity probes and light spectomotry meters work. However they have problems with accuracy as well.

Ii is easy to calibrate this against known samples. If it is erractic in readings, then you may want to look in the mirror for the solution.

• Like 1

I'll give you $5 to throw it away.

Alright, send that $5 on over. Otherwise how about we keep only needed comments/questions in my thread?

As an instrument technician, the instrument is only as good as its last calibration. Both electronic devices and mechanical devices fail. I always use my hydrometer for checks. Unless a large differential is read on my hydrometer, I find it reliable and durable. Removing minute bubbles from the pivot/pendalum arm is the single most consistant thing to do to get reliable measurements. Providing fresh water flushes to remove salt deposits, determines the reliability of this instrumen as wellt. If you want to pay more bucks for electronic monitoring, then conductivity probes and light spectomotry meters work. However they have problems with accuracy as well.

Ii is easy to calibrate this against known samples. If it is erractic in readings, then you may want to look in the mirror for the solution.

Ya subsea I use a refractometer to check my salts and I have a hydrometer just stuck to the back wall that I glance at and make sure they both match up. I would flush this with RODI after I used it. I just checked the SG with my refractometer and this hydrometer, they test out the same..... soon i'll have an apex probe to addd a third reference.