Don't you hate it when frags don't stay glued down?

innate1

Saturday night I'm enjoying a little irish whiskey and watching the tank. I notice that my garf purple bonsi isn't where I glued it down. No biggie, I'll do a little search and rescue. I very carefully move some rocks to look where it should be and it's not there. Put those back and look a little further over. NOT THERE! Long story short I moved every piece of rock out of the tank, rescapped and no purple bonsi???????????? I guess it's in another dimension. I do like the reworked scapping but miss my bonsi. Do we still have a want to buy section?

Brian- do you really like the ecotech glue? I purchased a bottle and really disliked it. Back to superglue gel for me.

As to frags falling off, never fun. I use a three step process and rarely ever have a frag come unglued. I use both superglue gel and 2 part epoxy. I mix up a bit of epoxy thoroughly. Once mixed, I put superglue on the frag and stick it in the epoxy, gluing the frag to the epoxy. Then I stick more superglue on the bottom of the epoxy where it will stick to the rockwork. Then put it on the rock as quick as possible. Works like a charm.

Brian- do you really like the ecotech glue? I purchased a bottle and really disliked it. Back to superglue gel for me.

As to frags falling off, never fun. I use a three step process and rarely ever have a frag come unglued. I use both superglue gel and 2 part epoxy. I mix up a bit of epoxy thoroughly. Once mixed, I put superglue on the frag and stick it in the epoxy, gluing the frag to the epoxy. Then I stick more superglue on the bottom of the epoxy where it will stick to the rockwork. Then put it on the rock as quick as possible. Works like a charm.

Sounds like the SteveT from intak method that he told me to do, this method works great.

Yea I love the glue. I did learn real quick not to put the whole bottle under water but before I was buying a $5 bottle of gel super glue and I got maybe 3-4 applications out of it before it clogged up or ran out.

I won't be going back to the gel ever. I still have 1/2 a bottle left and with the exception of spinning the top a couple of times I don't have any clogs.

I also did some DIY aqua mags and it was a cinch to glue the magnet to the rock without any prep work.

I do admit it is easier to glue the frag to the plug outside of the tank but I hate the look of plugs so I usually just glue frag to rockwork and when I was using gel my snails would bulldoze everything.