Juiceman

4f64027246e1be6bdc394198e000ce8d.jpg

Decided to use Dolly's underneath so when the stand comes in and we go to move things around I can move these over.

f248711269554f2e119544611767fa0f.jpg

Light rack!

f637d17a373b7f6275aa47594432c30c.jpg

I didn't account for the amount of gap in between the fixture and the hanging mount so I need to make the mount taller. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your doing so much work to you tank its making me feel lazy!

Are you hanging a powermodule from that rack?

Correct. I'm going to use the extra ai Kit that I have to hang the right fixture over it.

Trying to keep the SPS stress to a minimum!

bcee5897ca678a31ddf0da644def9632.jpg

This is the greatest stuff ever for mounting equipment!

080c163587acb8f6a81736533c0ff90a.jpg

It's like Velcro but it locks into itself. So it doesn't matter which side you stick it do, you just snap it in and boom, holds everytime...

229c8ceb5036cdab9890b578e44915ef.jpg

I freaked out when I saw a little water on the ply wood base the bin was on while I was filling it, so I emptied it to find no leaks underneath... Maybe some splashed on while I was moving the RO bin around... Idk

Anyways lights are hung using my old AI Kit! Ready to plumb in maybe tomorrow. Gonna fill it with fresh Salt Water and let it start running to mix with the tank chemistry before I start moving SPS in.

Well, I'm in a predicament. The tub that I've started filling inside might have a hairline leak?

The wood in the front right is just slightly damp and the front right bottom of the bin is the same.... But I can't find any actual water.

I've emptied it twice now to look, first time nothing. 2nd time I tightened the front bulkhead and siliconed it just to make that wasn't it. I woke up to the same area damp.

Could it be condensation? It's not plumbed in yet so the water is pretty cool. Should I look into replacing the bin.. Or just go for it?

It's only damp on the front right corer, no sitting water or drops That I can find.

Beings as your upgrade is going to take an unspecified amount of time. Replace it. It's $150 well spent.

Agreed. Highly doubt it's condensation as that would require a differential of temperature and if that's the case, you would find it uniformly along the tub.

Beings as your upgrade is going to take an unspecified amount of time. Replace it. It's $150 well spent.

Agreed. Highly doubt it's condensation as that would require a differential of temperature and if that's the case, you would find it uniformly along the tub.

Well, here's the plan. The Tractor supply next to work has them in stock.

I rotated the wood under the bin and refilled it. At the end of the day I'll check it for moisture in the same spot, just in case it was residual moisture from prior to me siliconing the bulkhead in the front.

I'm going to pickup a new one just in case after work today, and bring it home with me.

If there's no moisture on the rotated wood, take the new bin back, if there is, replace with the new one.

Well.... The old tub was for sure leaking. Not from a bulkhead but from a crack somewhere that I couldn't find. According to Rubbermaid, the only way to repair these bins is to add fiberglass sheets to them.... Which I'm not messing with.. So after a few hours of tinkering, it's now replaced.

20ce5e3ab190e8e725a164de086b939b.jpg

Of course the new 100 isn't exactly the same as the old, so I had to put the drain in a slightly different place, and mount pic feet to my egg crate platforms.

d3e424ef03fa2793553d85af2abc0563.jpg

I just drilled the pvc so I could fit zip ties through them and then tied them in place. Nothing fancy.

I went to look about shutting down my overflow on that side and water came spewing out of an old vent hole I'd drilled in my overflow 90 trying to silence them forever ago... So I glued over the hole, if that doesn't hold, then I'm going to have to maybe cut the 90 off and cap it. We'll see after the glue cures.

I'm hoping to have the SPS bin installed today and circulating into the system overnight so I can start moving SPS tomorrow!

If you used any silicone to seal that hole/bulkhead on your new tub, I'd wait at least a week for it to dry before using.

Too late... Kinda

I did use some silicone on the outside of the bottom bulkhead, but not the inside which is under water right now. The drilled bulkhead is not in water right now.. So it will have had at least 24 hrs cure time. The silicone might not have been needed but I used it anyway.

You've waited a week for them to cure even though officially it only requires 24 hrs to fully cure? Can't be too careful aye!

I would highly recommend the week. Before it completely cures, it can still leach stuff into the water.

I really don't think I was being extra cautious with that move of waiting a week. Generally 24-48hrs to cure is what is recommended by the manufacturer but they don't account for leaching and use with aquatic animals.

To me, one week minimum is the standard rule when working with reef tanks.

• Like 1

I guess I've been playing with fire for years then... When I did my sump transition, it think it was out of water for maybe 8 hrs, then everything was back up and running with fresh carbon... Idk

I know I've done it with a few other things where I definitely didn't wait the full 24hrs, much less a week.

Either way, your logic is sound.

I put a bag of carbon in the bin just now Incase anything got in from the outside silicone on the bottom.

• Like 1