Red Algae Growth

Michae52

I receive a clump of red algae from another member the other day. It looks pretty cool as it grows. It glows a firery red/orange. It's only been in my tank for three days. I can only imagine what it will look like when it becomes established.

post-2202-0-68933400-1326593898_thumb.jp

post-2202-0-72538200-1326593849.jpg

http://www.hawaii.edu/reefalgae/invasive_algae/rhodo/gracilaria_tikvahiae.htm

Michael,

This site list G.tikvahiae as invasive. The original Red Ogo in Hawaiia is G. Parvispora. However this macro was brought to these islands in the early 1900's. The natives of Hawaiia call G. parvispora, Long Ogo, and G. tikvahiae, Short Ogo. Gerald Heslinga, owner of IndoPacific SeaFarm, and distributor of Tang Heaven Red, informed me that many natives prefer G. Tikvahiae over G. Parvispora. I enjoy both straight up from the tank, but we Cajun's eat everything.

Patrtick

• Like 1

Mama crayfish took her babies on a fieldtrip to learn about the dangers of the world. They were swimming along a creek and all of a sudden the little babies threw up their pinchers and headed in reverse. Mama asked the kids what is wrong. Look at that big thing, it can eat us. Mama crayfish just laughed and said that's a cow. Cows do not eat crayfish. So the family went down the creek alittle further and the babies threw their pinchers up again. Mama told the little ones don't worry That's just a Yankee and they don't eat crayfish either. A little further down the creek the mama crayfish threw her pinchers in the air and was going seventy miles an hour in reverse. The children yell " What wrong mama ! " Run Run for your lives that's a Cajun and they will eat anything especially us.

Michael

• Like 1

Mama crayfish took her babies on a fieldtrip to learn about the dangers of the world. They were swimming along a creek and all of a sudden the little babies threw up their pinchers and headed in reverse. Mama asked the kids what is wrong. Look at that big thing, it can eat us. Mama crayfish just laughed and said that's a cow. Cows do not eat crayfish. So the family went down the creek alittle further and the babies threw their pinchers up again. Mama told the little ones don't worry That's just a Yankee and they don't eat crayfish either. A little further down the creek the mama crayfish threw her pinchers in the air and was going seventy miles an hour in reverse. The children yell " What wrong mama ! " Run Run for your lives that's a Cajun and they will eat anything especially us.

Michael

IIf we are gone to tell Cajun jokes, then Justin Wilson has got to come into the conversation. Here are a few of him. I will look for the one with him cooking with wine. It was my favorite all time cooking show.

• Like 1