Macros

Demodiki

http://live-plants.com/refugiumpack.htm

The above link to Gulfcost Ecosystem is my source for macro. The guide link at the site is full of specific info on different varieties. If you want to see some of there available macros, I do have five different varieties growing in my tumble loop current. While I am not open for macro sales until July of this year, I can give you some laingnappe. Come and find out what that means.

Patrick

• Like 1

http://marineplantbook.com/marinebookprolifera.htm

I like Caulerpa Parvispora. It is an attractive green and is not very invasive. My angels devour it, when I prune into tank. It is attractive growing by itself and I would consider it in my display except that the fish eat it faster than it grows. I am experimenting with dehydrating this seaweed and making a veggie snack for people. Dehydrated with olive oil spray and seasoned salt. My grandson says "Good to the last crumb".

I am also experimenting with Ulva, which is a sheet algae. This is the main ingrediant in Nori which is used in most Japenese restaurants. I do not think that Ulva is a good refugium candidate. My favorite seaweed is Red Ogo. In Hawaii this woul be Gracilaria Parvispora which is in such demand that there are now many harvestig restrictions. Gracilaia Tikvahiae is an invasive native to Gulf of Mexico and in some areas of Hawaii it is outcompeting with other native Hawaiian seaweeds. Both grow well in the vertical loopcrrent growout system. A new candidate from Gulf Coat EcoSystem is Gracilaria Hayi. I think that it will make a nice stand alone bush for the display tank. Two other seaweed that I would recommend for display would be Botryocladia, sometimes called Red Grape Caulerpa, and Dragons Breath which is Halymenia.

Check out these options, we will talk later.

Patrick