Aiptasia Solution

julespinkyd

Hello,

I am having an out of control aiptasia problem. I introduce one to my tank a long time ago when I purchased a 30 lb rock from a member here. I did not notice it until a few months after the rock was already established in my tank. It started off small so I did not think anything of it. It never really grew until I started mixing some brine shrimp and oyster eggs into my fish's food mixture. After that it started getting a little big so I decided to siphon it, bad mistake! It seems that I have super spread it and now I am so frustrated that I am about to kill everything and shut my tank down completely. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting some of the Berghia but the last time I bought some (a few years ago) they seemed to have immediately die off and spent $75 for nothing. They seem hard to acclimate and I do not have patience. Any info on a solution would be great before I boil everything except for the fish which may go up here pretty soon.... Thanks, any solutions, recommendations, or even nudibranchs or products that you may want to sell, I would be more than glad to try. I just don't want to pay high dollar for a couple of trio packs with excessive shipping cost if someone may have a better and less expensive solution....Thanks for any response

Someone on another forum suggested taking a rock or two out at a time and placing them in another aquarium with a bunch if peppermint shrimp. Don't feed the shrimp... give them no choice but to clean the rock. Once it's clean, swap in the next rock.. rinse and repeat.

I haven't tried it, but I thought it was a novel idea to get the peps to "focus." :)